Bogner 20th Anniversary Shiva ?

jamme61

my question is the boost on the clean channel (plexi territory ) I had an old shiva a long time ago - I just remember the clean being very clean with no boost.
does the 20th have a boost for the clean and dirty channel? how does it compare to the XTC sounds? thanks for any info.

Just purchased mine a few months ago. Yes it has a boost on the clean channel. Can't comment on how it compares to an XTC. I can say that the Shiva 20th is one of the most diverse amps I have ever played. I'm really digging it so far.

nevusofota":17iu7zr6 said:
Just purchased mine a few months ago. Yes it has a boost on the clean channel. Can't comment on how it compares to an XTC. I can say that the Shiva 20th is one of the most diverse amps I have ever played. I'm really digging it so far.

Thanks- does the boost on the clean give you just volume or does it add crunch? Is there a separate boost for the overdrive channel?

I gigged the 20th Shiva for 3 years. Now I have an XTC 20th. If you have the clean channel volume up pretty high, say 1 or 2 oclock, the boost will add some nice plexi grit. I wouldnt call it crunch though. Otherwise, it mostly adds volume because the clean channel already has some pretty high headroom.

The boost button on the footswitch is for both channels.

Comparing the clean to the XTC...we all know the Shiva has one of the best clean channels out there, but Im in love with the cleans Im getting from My 20th XTC. Actually, its the best clean tone Ive had. Mostly because it has a full eq section. Having a mid control, really helps me to match it up with the drive channels.

I've only had my Shiva 20th for less than 2 weeks but am really enjoying it.... Awesome amp IMO....

I do wish it had a little less headroom on the clean channel as I like mild break up and some crunch.

Mine has the KT88's in it and am thinking I might do the resistor snip and put in some EL34's to reduce the headroom a bit and add some haze.

I'm using an Empress ParaEQ as well that makes up for the lack of Mid EQ on the amps clean channel.

I'm also thinking that the 2nd channel is where I should be looking for crunch as it is the British sounding channel as opposed to the clean Fender style channel.... Rolling back the guitar volume with the boost off on channel 2 and then hitting the boost and maxing the guitar volume for solos.

Back