Uberschall EQ

Playing around with my Uber this morning, toying again from removing boosts/eq, etc from the chain.

I know enough to be dangerous about the EQ, but had an idea about the "presence" knob. Anyone else find it to be similar to a TS type boost? Dialed back the amp makes full bass, and dialed up the bass disappears as the mids cut through more and more.

Additionally, anyone ever get this modded to keep all the bass while dialing up the mids? I like this amp, but dialing in EQ settings is as frustrating as it is rewarding.

I like the presence around 9:00 on my Blue. It sounds far more evil. Upping it say to 1:00 is good for leads, but not so much for rhythm. The master presence and separate channel presence controls on the Twin Jet sort of works this way... But ultimately I think you'll have to live with one sound or the other.

I can't imagine the low end of my Uber ever being small, regardless of how the dials are set. That includes when using it with my 1X12 as well. Granted, I have a Rev 2, but find most all of my dials close to the 1:00 range more often than not.

NewWorldMan":lhtvcjuh said:
I can't imagine the low end of my Uber ever being small, regardless of how the dials are set. That includes when using it with my 1X12 as well. Granted, I have a Rev 2, but find most all of my dials close to the 1:00 range more often than not.

I wouldn't call it small either, but I dont' play in bands anymore, so I like my tone to take over all frequencies and shake walls haha.

Back