Bogner 212C cab question

Depends on when the cab was made. The newer cabs made in the last 5 years or so (maybe longer forget the exact change over date) have made in China MIC Celestions... the older cabs built over 10 years ago or older will have made in England MIE Celestions. You need to open the cab and check the speakers. There's a small white sticker that will say made in England if that's where they came from. You can pull the handle off and look inside with a flashlight.

FWIW: I've owned a bunch of Bogner cabs (mostly 4X12s) with both MIE & MIC speakers and I really can't hear a difference, as long as the speakers are broken in and turned up loud. Bottom line: Don't stress it.

I just bought a 6L6 Bogner Shiva head, and I'm trying to make the decision to buy the open or closed 212 cab. I currently have 2 2x12 cabs, Mesa closed with V30's, and a Suhr open back. I'm leaning towards the open back because I'm playing my amps pretty clean these days, and it seems like the open back cabs have better frequency range and clarity. Am I off base?

Back