Loving the Helios 50!

WIRED

I am consistently blown away by this amp. Just got the matching cab today, sounds great right out of the box, should sound even better once the speakers break in a bit. V30 & creamback 65 combo is an excellent match for the Helios. Warmth, bite, and clarity are outstanding.

The Helios is more raw, has more of a vintage gain structure. The Atma is more modern sounding to me. The voicing switches on the gain channels are similar (70's/80's). Both great amps.

WIRED":258xogxq said:
The Helios is more raw, has more of a vintage gain structure. The Atma is more modern sounding to me. The voicing switches on the gain channels are similar (70's/80's). Both great amps.
With the different wattage settings on the Atma, its gotta be the winner for low volume playing right?

acidvoodoo":8c8zr453 said:
WIRED":8c8zr453 said:
With the different wattage settings on the Atma, its gotta be the winner for low volume playing right?

Honestly, I leave it on 18w most of the time. 80's mode is perfect for playing at low volumes, the extra compression lowers the volume. Works equally well on the Helios too. But, I don't typically play bedroom volume. If I'm plugging in, I'm turning up a little :)

Back