NPD- Bogner Red

I think I've gone full-Bogner-whore. Just picked up a used Ecstasy Red pedal for my solid state quick practice rig. I might enjoy the pedal more than the gain channel on my Uber. It seems to have more gain on tap, and it is voiced to grind. At any rate, lovely pedal, and a welcome addition to my house.

misterspockyall":10s2bdmb said:
I think I've gone full-Bogner-whore. Just picked up a used Ecstasy Red pedal for my solid state quick practice rig. I might enjoy the pedal more than the gain channel on my Uber. It seems to have more gain on tap, and it is voiced to grind. At any rate, lovely pedal, and a welcome addition to my house.

Just kidding on the better than the Uber amp comment :LOL: :LOL: But it is voiced uniquely, which is leading me to consider a second Bogner rig.

Congrats, great pedal! I've been rocking one since they came out a few years back and honestly, sometimes I like it more than my Ecstasy's Red channel depending on what I'm playing. Same with my Mark IV at times. I'll use the Mark's clean channel and kick on the Red. Sounds fatter and sweeter than the Mark Ld channel and hairier and more aggressive and tight than my Ecstasy while still quite close to the real thing.

Just got around to running it into the clean channel of my Uberschall. The high mids on this are great. Very different from the Uberschall lead channel. A youtuber did a vid comparing the Bogner red pedal to an EVH red channel and they were quite similar. Having played both extensively, I think I can agree. Cool stuff. Pure metal chugging maybe isn't aggressive enough, but that depends on how much gain you prefer I think.

Back