Bogner FX loop resistor cable?

maddnotez

Banned
I do not see this listed on the website. I assume I am going to have to email Charlie about this but I have a couple of questions.

1) How much does this thing cost?

2) Do they make a FX "return" cable as well?

I guess Bogner made a custom cable to use for the Shiva with the FX loops problems that it has. This cable has a couple of resistors to change the level of the FX Loop send.

I have this same problem with the Uberschall. The Loop is too hot. Will this cable work for me as well?

If so how do I use it since the Shiva has that boost return or whatever to get the signal back to where it needs to be after the loop.

Build one.

Attachments

• IMG_8906.GIF
    IMG_8906.GIF
    17.1 KB · Views: 2,311
moltenmetalburn":1xrvgx3x said:
Build one.

But do they make the return cable? Or is it possible to make one?

The Shiva has the "Boost" input to bring the level back up where it needs to be but the Uberschall does not.

I did email Bogner but was curious if anyone here knew.

maddnotez":25c9qx2k said:
moltenmetalburn":25c9qx2k said:
Build one.

The Shiva has the "Boost" input to bring the level back up where it needs to be but the Uberschall does not.

Im not certain, let them tell you.

moltenmetalburn":782s2j4p said:
maddnotez":782s2j4p said:
moltenmetalburn":782s2j4p said:
Build one.

Yeah no help from Bogner, they just told me the same thing as before. "Keep channel low and master high"

I don't want to do that lol.

I guess I'm SOL. I have a guy sending me a Morley Loop Level Corrector and another one sending me Charlie's Volume Box. If neither of those work then I need to dissect my pedals.

I don't have them all here sadly but my Alter Ego works great so I'm hoping it's just a single pedal giving me the issues. If it's my MXR EQ I can manage, if it's my KOKO Boost I'm gonna have to jump kick someone in the chest.

maddnotez":26t3zg2i said:
moltenmetalburn":26t3zg2i said:
maddnotez":26t3zg2i said:
moltenmetalburn":26t3zg2i said:
Build one.

Yeah no help from Bogner, they just told me the same thing as before. "Keep channel low and master high"

I guess I'm SOL. I have a guy sending me a Morley Loop Level Corrector and another one sending me Charlie's Volume Box. If neither of those work then I need to dissect my pedals.

I don't have them all here sadly but my Alter Ego works great so I'm hoping it's just a single pedal giving me the issues. If it's my MXR EQ I can manage, if it's my KOKO Boost I'm gonna have to jump kick someone in the chest.

I was thinking a boxed potentiometer or volume pedal will prob work fine as I believe the loop is tube buffered.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... ApGW8P8HAQ

Those solutions you mention should work. You're basically just grounding out some signal strength.

moltenmetalburn":nockrnps said:
maddnotez":nockrnps said:
maddnotez":nockrnps said:
Build one.

I was thinking a boxed potentiometer or volume pedal will prob work fine as I believe the loop is tube buffered.

Those solutions you mention should work. You're basically just grounding out some signal strength.

Nice :rock: :rock:

I am hoping so...The Volume Box is pretty much the same thing you posted.

http://www.carlscustomguitars.com/The-O ... me-Box.htm

Plus the Morley LLC to try...Having high hopes with this but either way like I said, worst case scenario I just have to off a pedal or two (the ones that cant handle the line level)

maddnotez":39ziec6t said:
moltenmetalburn":39ziec6t said:
Build one.

Plus the Morley LLC to try...Having high hopes with this but either way like I said, worst case scenario I just have to off a pedal or two (the ones that cant handle the line level)

Yeah that thing should do fine.

Also, isnt the send level set by channel volume? If so turn it down and turn the master up to compensate and see if that helps.

Edit: i found a post that suggest 10 o clock as a setting.

moltenmetalburn":3kkqemy1 said:
maddnotez":3kkqemy1 said:
Build one.

Also, isnt the send level set by channel volume? If so turn it down and turn the master up to compensate and see if that helps.

It is

But that is the entire problem....It is not a huge deal but with my settings and with my rig, the amp sounds better with the channel volume higher. Just has more of that sag that I like.

10:00 is borderline, Bogner recommends 8:00 I think and anything around 10:00 or more is right when the feedback starts to happen from my pedals not being able to handle the signal.

Anyway, it is not worth the thread at this point I guess. I just wanted to see if anyone happened to know about that cable and if it can work with the Rev 2.

I brought all my pedals home last night and will be testing them today to find the culprit. I have a lot of options. Replace the pedals that can't handle the signal, test the LLC and volume box and worst case scenario suck it up and use the Master volume.

maddnotez":1hx89l2i said:
moltenmetalburn":1hx89l2i said:
Build one.

It is

But that is the entire problem....It is not a huge deal but with my settings and with my rig, the amp sounds better with the channel volume higher. Just has more of that sag that I like.

10:00 is borderline, Bogner recommends 8:00 I think and anything around 10:00 or more is right when the feedback starts to happen from my pedals not being able to handle the signal.

Anyway, it is not worth the thread at this point I guess. I just wanted to see if anyone happened to know about that cable and if it can work with the Rev 2.

I brought all my pedals home last night and will be testing them today to find the culprit. I have a lot of options. Replace the pedals that can't handle the signal, test the LLC and volume box and worst case scenario suck it up and use the Master volume.

I agree changing the volume is a compromise as the poweramp is hit with a smaller signal.

If you go the master volume route you could a flat clean boost pedal as make up gain post FX.

Good luck!

Back