101B Music (instrumental original) *FULL vid added

Crunchity

Thought I'd post up a clip of my Ecstasy doing some instrumental lead work...I LOVE this AMP...I'm getting some of, if not the best tones I've ever had these days.

EDIT: Full tune added

Sounds great. Love the clarity you are getting out of it, when so many say that isn't the Ecstasy's strength.

Thanks Rdodson. I'm new to Bogner amps (but did briefly own the Red pedal so I kinda got the bug then lol...glad I was able to eventually land the 101B head) and have heard a few folks say that, but I dunno, has not been my experience, sounds like a perfectly balanced amp to me.

I forgot to mention on the youtube page and should say, the lead here is the BLUE channel set for a nice amount of crunch and then boosted (purely clean) with the Suhr Koko pedal.

Sounds great. I just traded a 20th Shiva for a 101b. It is sitting in my trunk....i really mean just traded :)

Can't wait to test drive.

Thank you, peckhart...and congrats! I'd be curious to hear your thoughts of what it sounds like with that Splawn/SB cab you have...I love those speakers too, have a pair of them in an old 2x12 cab but yet to use them with the Bogner.

I had 3 different XTCs over several years. I still think it is the best all-around amp I've ever played. It responds to everything - cabs, speakers, tubes, bias-settings, playing styles.

I could never get super-happy with the loop. I got addicted to the sound of the amp with the loop off, and the master around 4, and I was haunted by the clean sound of the 20th Anniversary 6L6 model I sold to fund a Helios.

Make sure to set the GREEN channel master full-up with the mids at around 4, excursion to T and assigned presence OFF. You get the most wonderful Deluxe-on-steroids tone. The secret to the BLUE and RED are not being afraid to run the TREBLE higher than you think since it is an audio taper pot. Love that amp, it is a work of art.

What issue do you have with the loop? I was planning on putting a patch in the loop and using it as a volume boost.
The Blue channel has plenty of gain though so I may scratch that idea and set Blue for rhythm and Red a little louder for leads only.
I kinda want to check out one of those Suhr Koko boosts now. In another thread on the main rig-talk page folks tipped me off to the fact that I was cutting low end by using a TS type boost out front, but the Suhr Koko can add some saturation/grit and keep the low end in tact.
That could come in handy to slightly heavy up my normal rhythm tone when we get into a few of the more modern heavier tunes.
Its either that or I need the Red channel to be my heavier modern channel and I have to use the FX loop for lead volume boost.

There is a bit of compression added when the loop is on. When it is off, it sounds like the greatest Marshall you've ever plugged into.

It still sounds killer with the loop - just not as killer.

The Helios uses the Metro loop which is insanely transparent.

just bumping this now (edited first post above) since I finished up this track over the weekend (previous vid was a WIP clip) and thought it came out pretty good all things considered (I lost of bunch of data and had to get creative and re-track some rhythm guitars and bass, etc).

Back