101b mods

jimmymac

Hi all

after 5 years away I'm thinking of getting another ecstasy. Unfortunately I can't afford the the 20th anniversary so I was wondering if there is a mod to get the plexi mode to replace the clean channel and if possible use the boosts like the 20th?

I have an amazing amp tech so if it's remotely possible i'll be ok and would make the amp perfect for my needs, anybody done this or thought of it?

Cheers all!

jimmymac":3hzt2pjq said:
Hi all

after 5 years away I'm thinking of getting another ecstasy. Unfortunately I can't afford the the 20th anniversary so I was wondering if there is a mod to get the plexi mode to replace the clean channel and if possible use the boosts like the 20th?

I have an amazing amp tech so if it's remotely possible i'll be ok and would make the amp perfect for my needs, anybody done this or thought of it?

Cheers all!

There is as Bogner has taken the 101b and done that very thing with the 20th. That's all the 20th is...a heavily modded 101b. I just haven't looked into how to do it.

I could be in the dark or just misunderstanding, but plexi mode isn't available on channel 1 (green/clean), its only available in place of channel 2/3 (blue/red). At least thats how it is on both of my ecstasy heads (20th and classic). Also, the 20th boosts are set up that same as the 101b already. 1 boost works on channel 1 and the other boost works on both channels 2 and 3.

As I understand it, the 101b and the 20th are the same amp but with "tone" tweaks on the 20th in using different caps, they dont function any differently.

Back