Pricing 1996 Bogner XTC 101BS

guitarguy41976

Hey guys. I'm trying to get an idea what current pricing for a 1996 101BS might be? Factory Mercury Magnetic iron throughout, original footswitch, black tolex with wheat grill and SED EL34 output tubes with less than 50 hours on them.

IME there is no such animal as a 101BS... that's just "B.S." LOL. :D :LOL: :LOL: :yes:

Sometimes the guys at Bogner with the black marker just forgot to black out the "S" letter on the back panel... which stood for Special or Custom Order. You can call Bogner with the serial # to confirm... but I'd bet it's just a regular 101B with an unblocked out "S" letter on the back panel. There are some 101Ss which were custom orders. And 101As which come with 6L6GCs.

I had a 101Bs - it was the model right after they abandoned the white chassis. Those without class A and individual channel level controls were given the S label. I think they sound great, and there are two plausible explanations: the extra circuitry of the a a/b and the level controllers are thought by some to be tone-suckers, and (what I think) is that the MM transformers used in that era are really perfect with the amp.

I recently bought an older (symbol serial #) and it sounds amazing. This is my 3rd 101b (other 2 were post 2004) and I also had a Classic and 20fh. Don't know if it's because my tastes changed, different tubes, cab or age of amp but this it my favorite. It's definitely more vintage the other two 101Bs but that suits me just fine. The red channel sounds more like an extension of the blue channel compared to the others. Using a Wizard 4x12 with Creamback G12Ms.

I'm thinking of getting this as my first 'serious' amp head. I love the cleans and the crunch, but can it do modern tones?

Back