Atma Combo in da hizzy!!!

supersonic":22ecjcyn said:
Needs to be more ATMA talk!
We could start an AA subforum here on RT....??

Atmas Anonymous??

Seems it's too small to earn a corner in the ring. Lemme tell ya, this little bugger would have held the ranks of where Matchless and Hi-Watt and VOX carved for themselves DECADES ago if this came out even 10 years ago.... It's absolutely NUTS :dunno:

But the "additional engineering"... Jeeebus Reinhold, you took your time with this one :yes:

And the tone - that's it - I own a warehouse of 100+ watt heads and 412s and what gets the most play?? You know it!!

Bring on the Atma Love...

Ventura":x2zu03sy said:
supersonic":x2zu03sy said:

Atmas Anonymous??

Seems it's too small to earn a corner in the ring. Lemme tell ya, this little bugger would have held the ranks of where Matchless and Hi-Watt and VOX carved for themselves DECADES ago if this came out even 10 years ago.... It's absolutely NUTS :dunno:

But the "additional engineering"... Jeeebus Reinhold, you took your time with this one :yes:

And the tone - that's it - I own a warehouse of 100+ watt heads and 412s and what gets the most play?? You know it!!

Count me in on the AA club.
I'm doing an outdoor gig tomorrow. I'm leaving the 100B at home, taking the ATMA and a Cube, may not even mic it. Farken monster!

supersonic":9ar8e5vv said:
Ventura":9ar8e5vv said:
supersonic":9ar8e5vv said:

Atmas Anonymous??

I'm doing an outdoor gig tomorrow. I'm leaving the 100B at home, taking the ATMA and a Cube, may not even mic it. Farken monster!
That's just awesome!!! Let us know how the gig goes... That's righteous - get that glowing blue beast up there and give 'er!!! Sounds SO good cranked up. Love it.

Good luck with the gig!! :thumbsup: :rock:

Ventura":1qojroyo said:
supersonic":1qojroyo said:
Ventura":1qojroyo said:
supersonic":1qojroyo said:

Atmas Anonymous??

That's just awesome!!! Let us know how the gig goes... That's righteous - get that glowing blue beast up there and give 'er!!! Sounds SO good cranked up. Love it.

Good luck with the gig!! :thumbsup: :rock:
Gig went over great, ATMA performed flawlessly. 70s' mode, volume at 9:00 set on 5w, no mic. Here is a couple of short Iphone vids.
https://www.facebook.com/thefoodtruckpa ... 716943861/
https://www.facebook.com/radiorockau/vi ... 784822208/

Question for you Atma combo owners...

It's been driving me crazy but how is the amp chassis bolted to the combo shell?

Normally on a combo you can see the screws from the back or top of the combo shell. Not on the Atma though! Although as we are talking about Reinhold here, it wouldn't surprise me if it was actually just held in place with magic!

Mounted to the back panel. If you look at the head, there are four bolts on sides of the headshell. Same chassis in the combo, take off back panel, chassis comes with it. The screws go through sides of the chassis into some pillow blocks which are attached to the inside of the back panel.

Ah makes perfect sense!

I do have an Atma and it is a seriously cool amp. The amount of options and tones is insane.

CHrisP86":2x9icrys said:
Question for you Atma combo owners...

It's been driving me crazy but how is the amp chassis bolted to the combo shell?

Normally on a combo you can see the screws from the back or top of the combo shell. Not on the Atma though! Although as we are talking about Reinhold here, it wouldn't surprise me if it was actually just held in place with magic!
GOHOINC":2x9icrys said:
Mounted to the back panel. If you look at the head, there are four bolts on sides of the headshell. Same chassis in the combo, take off back panel, chassis comes with it. The screws go through sides of the chassis into some pillow blocks which are attached to the inside of the back panel.
CHrisP86":2x9icrys said:
Ah makes perfect sense!

I do have an Atma and it is a seriously cool amp. The amount of options and tones is insane.
What did you need access to the chassis for?? Rolling some tubes are ya?? :2thumbsup: :rock: :D

Let us know what you find.

Took it out when I swapped in the Alnico Cream. I have never really enjoyed G12H30s in any cab or combo I have ever tried them in. So for me the Alnico Cream turned a good amp into a great amp...

GOHOINC":1m8raewj said:
Took it out when I swapped in the Alnico Cream. I have never really enjoyed G12H30s in any cab or combo I have ever tried them in. So for me the Alnico Cream turned a good amp into a great amp...
Always there to be an option. I'm pumped with the way it is - but it's always nice to know the facelift is easily had :yes:

Did you just stick with stock JJs?? Or go boutique with bottles??

Peace,
Mo

Everything but the speaker is stock. Its pretty tits on its own but I also use a splitter cable and run it along with a Bogner OS2x12 loaded with a v30 and an m65 creamback. Shit gets real...

GOHOINC":1gt02h1y said:
Everything but the speaker is stock. Its pretty tits on its own but I also use a splitter cable and run it along with a Bogner OS2x12 loaded with a v30 and an m65 creamback. Shit gets real...
:LOL: :LOL:

jguitarslim":3kjhrlso said:
Owned Atma twice...you find clean channel boomy?
I've got the combo, and so far, no. It's pretty crisp. I've not cranked the bejesus out of this amp yet, but at higher medium levels, it holds its own no problem whatsoever - no boom - no honk - no mud. It's a really tight amp for a lot of varying tones, it's pretty impressive to say the least.

Did you go combo or head/cab?? Stock tubes?? Clean power?? :confused:

Back