101B Issue (Loop Flicking/Clicking)

Crunchity

I seem to remember reading about this somewhere else - but now it's happening to me, bad luck I suppose. Out of nowhere now, every day when I fire up the Ecstasy, my loop button/light makes a loud flickering noise. Of course I quickly hit the loop switch on the floor unit to turn it off and it stops, all is well...but when I engage it again, it returns. The only solution so far is to unjack the floor remote switch from the back, then pop it back in and out a couple times and eventually it stops flickering and works perfectly for the rest of the session (with the floor loop engaged/ON and NO rapid popping sounds). I've never used the amp without the floor unit so I'm not sure, but I'm guessing it's like most amps and I can always just leave the floor piece off and switch channels, loop, etc manually on the front panel?

thanks

Saw similar behavior on a 101B I had for a while. It was the footswitch. I had traded for the amp with someone that had 2 101Bs so when I saw it was doing this I reached out to him and he offered the footswitch from the other one. Plugged that one in and problem solved.
So I am not sure if it was the switch or the wiring/connections on one end or the other.
I bet if you disconnect the footswitch and operate all the channels and FX loop manually on the head you will find everything works.

That was fair of him to do that for ya. Thanks for the input...I think you're right, guess I could always just leave it out and go manual - good thing I'm a home studio hack and don't gig with it! I will try some contact cleaner on both the cable and the amp jack though and see if that solves it since simply popping the cable in/out a few times seems to help.

It's JUST the L.E.D. burning out on The footswitch (Effects Loop) button light. Common problem, and happened to me before. Just call Bogner and have Charlie send you a replacement LED. Just make sure you solder correct sides of the light/LED.

SLOgriff is correct, its a bad LED. Power runs through the LED to function so when the LED is bad the switching is bad for that particular switch. Easy fix but probably a bit tricky for the newbie. Once you replace it, it'll be like new.

Thanks for the helps gents! Big sigh of relief that it's such a minor thing. I'll be tracking down the CS number pronto (probably via their FB page) and have them shoot me the LED. I've never been mistaken for a handyman but hopefully have enough soldering skillz to manage this swap out.

Back