Uberschall Revisions

The original version had a very sharp gain control which seemed to go from off to wide open by turning up the gain just slightly. High plate voltage, nice power amp compression.

Rev2 had a smoother gain structure. High plate voltage, nice power amp compression.

Blue Revision is a brighter and tighter sounding amp. Lower plate voltage.

I have a Rev2 and love it. It is my "go to" amp without a doubt. Can't see me wanting any other version of it, except maybe the new version with the power amp tuning and KT88's, but that is a big maybe.

Both the original and rev2 have some nice power amp compression/sag which I like a lot.

Hope that helps.

:) According to Bogner, the Rev 2 is a revision green. And of course the last revision is blue. The name comes from the color of the boards inside. ;)

Was wondering, besides the Leather Handle instead of the Rubber Handle, How can one tell weather a Uberschall is a Revision 2 and not the original one? What years were the Revision 2 made between, and after what serial number (symbol) range are they in? I'm interest because I'm after a Revision 2 and can't tell by the pics if the handle is Rubber or Leather?

Cheers mates.

Uber Revisions~

Three versions of this amp have been made to date: the original version, first revision, revision blue. The original version of the amplifier has a rubber handle, while the second version has a leather one. The revision blue has actual digits for serial numbers while the previous versions have symbols. The revisions dealt with issues pertaining to the gain taper of the high gain channel and discrepencies in the volume levels of the clean and gain channels. Revision blue also has an external bias pot.

Serial Numbers~

Bogner had a unique way of numbering their amplifiers. Instead of using alphanumeric codes, they use symbols. They correlate to numbers in the following way -

"/" (forward slash) Number 1
"^" (triangle w/no bottom) Number 2
triangle Number 3
"+" (plus sign) Number 4
"*" (asterisk) Number 5
solid dot/circle Number 6
square Number 7
"V" (capital v) Number 8
lightning bolt Number 9
"-" (bar) stands for 0
"P" stands for Prototype

Steve

I bought mine early 2008. Guess it is an 08 or maybe an 07. Not sure if there is any serial number code at the Uber factory or not. The Uber is one amp that needs no tweaking. It stays on Channel 2 and layers under the VH4. I run mine treble and presence around 3:00, bass around 1:00, mids 8:00 (all the way down) gain around 1:00. It is a beast and have only changed tubes in it once to JJ's across the pre's and power tubes. I did order a metal grill head shell for it too, as it was too damn cool for fabric!.

Steve

Hrmm i guess no one knows when the serial/symbols of the uberschall starts for the Revision 2(Revision Green)?

I have discovered another thing that can help with trying to identify the difference between the Revisions. The Choke Transformer that usually looks like a little Transformer and normally isn't black and is silver instead is located at the back of the Power Input Transformer on the Revision Blues and in front of the Power Transformer on the Rev 1&2

The Latest Revision 1 Serial Number i have discovered is 197 or / Ϟ 

Hope this helps.

Also the 1st two revisions have a couple blue caps mounted next to one of the transformers topside. On the Revision Blue all the caps were relocated to the PCB underneath.

In some of the NAMM pics of the latest Uberschall revision, I thought I saw a few blue caps topside again. :LOL: :LOL:

The NAMM amp may not reflect exactly how the production model will be though.

Sorry to necropost this, but has anybody found out how to date a Rev Blue with numbers for the SN?

nbarts":aeub0qly said:
My Rev Blue has symbols.

Mine does as well! I just got off the phone with Charlie at Bogner and he tells me that my head is either a late Revision 2 (Green) or an early Revision Blue. Also says that this transitional period for Uberschalls are among the best ones!

Philip":n0n5wuk4 said:
I have discovered another thing that can help with trying to identify the difference between the Revisions. The Choke Transformer that usually looks like a little Transformer and normally isn't black and is silver instead is located at the back of the Power Input Transformer on the Revision Blues and in front of the Power Transformer on the Rev 1&2

Mine says Revision Blue on the back where it is stamped Hand Built in the USA. It also has the symbols instead of the numbers for serial numbers. MY choke is on the front as well(located on the side closest to the back panel)!

Yes, all current manufacture EL34 equipped Uberschalls are Rev Blues, while the Twin Jets are also being made.

Also, some serious necroposting in this thread, including by me!

leib10":2ussgg6t said:
Yes, all current manufacture EL34 equipped Uberschalls are Rev Blues, while the Twin Jets are also being made.

Also, some serious necroposting in this thread, including by me!
Necroposting and uberschalls go hand in hand... The love just never dies :LOL: :LOL:

Twin Jet for the win!!
Rev.2 as a damn DAMN fine backup.

Love.
Period :rock:

Back