SOLD: 1986 ESP George Lynch Kamikaze I Prototype *NO TRADES*

keennay

*NO TRADES PLEASE*

For sale is a 1986 ESP George Lynch Kamikaze I prototype. This guitar plays well and is in such pristine condition that I cannot justify owning it. It belongs in a museum, or with someone else who could appreciate it much more than I can.

Price:
SOLD

keennay@gmail.com

Great Deals With:
Ampaddict, charvelstrat81, cnote, Dave Friedman, Guitarnobody, Immersed, just42dave, kurtsstuff, MYLISS, OUTLAW1969, Podunker, psychodave, sevenstringer, steve_k.

Additional References:
MarshallForum.com (3000+ posts)

wyP8QAl.jpg

vC3JcbX.jpg

rm5UQ4R.jpg

DzbN5KX.jpg

Emf6d6f.jpg

j7ukggA.jpg

q8UzuHj.jpg

aiXIqSW.jpg

pLoxT82.jpg

k1Hd4Od.jpg

H1vjo8Y.jpg

fCTh0OQ.jpg

Last edited:
Metlupass2":fgojxoe5 said:
Totally not trying to be a dick here but what makes this a prototype the non recessed trem?

The lack of a serial number and non recessed tremolo, but let me confirm with others who've owned this guitar.

Also... Bump

keennay":3pd3jfsk said:
Metlupass2":3pd3jfsk said:
Totally not trying to be a dick here but what makes this a prototype the non recessed trem?

The lack of a serial number and non recessed tremolo, but let me confirm with others who've owned this guitar.

Also... Bump

All of the pre serial numbered ESP Lynch models were prototypes. I have a Lynch Tiger from 1988, no serial. These guitars all went through 48th Street Custom Guitars in NYC.

This one is in stupid great condition. Very cool!

Where this belongs is back in Lynch's hands shreaidng and making some more classic metal music!

Hit him up if he's interested. Dave knows him. Pair up!

Equ1nox":3jd7vbfm said:
Where this belongs is back in Lynch's hands shreaidng and making some more classic metal music!

Hit him up if he's interested. Dave knows him. Pair up!

Well I'd reached out to the folks on GeorgeLynch.com and haven't heard anything back.

If you know someone who knows George personally, definitely sync me up with him! I'm assuming you were talking bout psychodave?

If this doesn't sell by November 19th, I'd planned on somehow trying to see George in-person before the Lynch Mob concert at Penns Peak in Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania. I'd much rather have this go to someone who'd appreciate more than I ever could, and I already have a 1989 ESP Kamikaze I that gets MUCH more playing time, but I'll see if there's any interest from George.

I bought a Wizard 4x12 from George Lynch about a month ago. Craziest story. It was on Craigslist. I sent an email which was answered by his former guitar tech. Scheduled a time to pick it up and both George and his former tech showed up to sell the cab. The story gets even a little crazier as to who owned the cab before George, but I don't want to divulge too much on the net.... Too bad I didn't know about this then or I could of passed along the info.

And I'd be lying if I didn't say I've been eyeballing this ESP myself... Totally digging this one.

RedPlated":1ougxj50 said:
I bought a Wizard 4x12 from George Lynch about a month ago. Craziest story. It was on Craigslist. I sent an email which was answered by his former guitar tech. Scheduled a time to pick it up and both George and his former tech showed up to sell the cab. The story gets even a little crazier as to who owned the cab before George, but I don't want to divulge too much on the net.... Too bad I didn't know about this then or I could of passed along the info.

And I'd be lying if I didn't say I've been eyeballing this ESP myself... Totally digging this one.

whatever contact you used to setup the meeting to sell the 4x12 - try them again to let them know about this guitar?

That's my old guitar. Absolutley slays. I sold it for the same reason - too pretty and immaculate. But it plays like butter and is a huge sounding guitar, amazing neck.

If I had the money I'd have bought it already !!! I have a Kamikaze III, a Sunburst Tiger, Skulls and Snakes, and an M1 Tiger already...all signed by Lynch...if I could I'd grab this in a second. LOVE the top mount Floyd !!!

Back