SOLD: Cauble Omnitone S/N 001

I was close to buying one of these used from guitar center and someone snagged it before I could!!!!

Hey my old amp! That was a custom made for me. I even named it.

Did I sell it to you? I cant remember who I sold it too.

Does it still have the Blue LED inside? That was my idea. xD Infact, I'm the reason why it looks exactly the way it does, plus the dual gain and mids were also my idea. haha Man, Tom did such a great job on this amp. Every idea I through out, he made it happen! I was at WalMart when I asked him to make the tubes footswitchable. xD I have to look for them, but I have the production photos too.

I'm so happy that it's still out there.

I found this pic of the amp when I finalizing the cosmetics.

I also found a picture (mock-up) of a 6x12 I was going to have made for the amp. Never got around to figuring out all the details of the cab.

Attachments

• Mock-up-4.jpg
    Mock-up-4.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 1,484
  • cab-moc-up.jpg
    cab-moc-up.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 1,481
xiwiwix":6kqcc8kf said:
Hey my old amp! That was a custom made for me. I even named it.

Did I sell it to you? I cant remember who I sold it too.

No blue LED inside. Front panel has red LED for EL34s and blue for 6L6s. I bought from someone else in 2007. Pretty sure Tom made 2 Omnitone 60 amps each one was slightly different. There may have been a 3rd amp. The last one I saw F/S was about 5 years ago on used GC and it had external bias points. I think it was S/N 002.

Do you know what Tom is up to these days?

That's my old amp, 100%, for sure. Psychopomp is what I named the amp.

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopomp)

That black tube glued to the cap in the front is/should be a blue LED (pictured).

After the third of fourth one Tom stopped making them. They were to expensive and extremely time consuming. The other 2 or 3 in existence of the 60 watt Omni-Tone (he made 15 watters, which the Omni-Tone was original), were completely different than yours. That particular power section was only made for that Cauble.

http://caubleamps.com/

TheFlyn may know what Tom has been up to, I believe they know each IRL.

I also just realized/remembered your amp description is/was the the same as the e-mail (copy paste?) that Tom sent me.
Also, there's something I'm forgetting, about the power switching... I remember him telling me on the phone, and it not being written down.

That amp sounds amazing, and I've missed it every day. Sold it along with 5 other amps and built my recording studio. Costs ran higher than expected; it was the only thing I could move as fast as needed. :(

I think I waited 6-8 months for that monster, with one send back for tweaking, or was it two send backs.. I can't remember.

EDIT::

I sold it to branjispad who sold it to JoshuaLogan, then dropthisd bought it; I believe after that it popped up a few years later on TheGearPage, so you might be the 6th or 7th owner.

I also found a picture with another Omni-Tone (which looks similar to yours) with the LED on, I added that picture, and yet another Omni-Tone 60 that had different cosmetics.

Attachments

• DSCF0022.JPG
    DSCF0022.JPG
    645.9 KB · Views: 1,430
  • DSCF0015.JPG
    DSCF0015.JPG
    638.2 KB · Views: 1,433
  • asdfadsfa.jpg
    asdfadsfa.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 1,427
  • DSC00914 (1).jpg
    DSC00914 (1).jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 1,418
  • g_and_p.jpg
    g_and_p.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 1,421
I had to copy and paste from the owners manual b/c there's so many features on this amp and different functions. Based on your past owner history I'm the 4th owner and have been since 2007. Always amazed me why previous owner(s) would've sold this amp. Its so unique and since it was built in 2006 imho incorporated features way ahead of amp technology at the time. Besides the nid range control there's 4 additional mid range shaping features. Loves v30s, 75s, Texas Heat speaker and Vetern 30s

The power section on this is the the open loop design, which might be the one of kind of all the Omnitone 60s built. Turn the Presence depth all the way CCW until it clicks and the presence drops out of the circuit.

Thanks for the history on this. I was bummed out when I tried finding Tom Cauble and everythind was a dead end.

CLIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back