FJA modded Peavey VTM 60

JerryP

Modified with a variation of my FJ Mod (Jose type mod), added depth mod on back, IEC power jack and detachable power cord. Filter caps replaced. Fresh 6L6 power tubes. Preamp tubes all tested and strong. Amp does not have preamp tube cage anymore. Low input jack removed, only one input now. Replacement headbox with new Mesa style black tolex material, all new corners, and handle. MUCH lighter than the original VTM headbox, looks nicer, and fits on cabs better. Comes with padded slip cover.
$900 shipped
Jerry
1.gif

d.gif

-sounds great Jerry -(I have a soft spot for all of the old high gain PEAVEY'S)-actually just got one for $124-(after I took the 20 years of dust off, its "MINTY" original tubes, not a scratch)-still,.. its a Peavey so I definitely need to shit can the cathode biasing,

-Jerry, does the -(Jose Mod)- have a parts breakdown?
-do you have other mod's for the VTM's?

-

sg guy":1jzqhshb said:
-sounds great Jerry -(I have a soft spot for all of the old high gain PEAVEY'S)-actually just got one for $124-(after I took the 20 years of dust off, its "MINTY" original tubes, not a scratch)-still,.. its a Peavey so I definitely need to shit can the cathode biasing,

-

Thanks, glad you liked the tones. I do all sorts of stuff to VTM's, info on my site. VTM doesn't have cathode bias.

JerryP":1zv7ot2n said:
sg guy":1zv7ot2n said:

-

Thanks, glad you liked the tones. I do all sorts of stuff to VTM's, info on my site. VTM doesn't have cathode bias.

-oh, fixed bias then?-

sg guy":q8nrt64l said:
JerryP":q8nrt64l said:
sg guy":q8nrt64l said:

-

-oh, fixed bias then?-

Yes, non adjustable fixed bias. Adding a pot it's adjustable fixed bias.

Back