FS: Modded 2005 5150 II

glpg80

Up for sale is a modified 2005 5150 II.

Price: $990 + Insured packaging, shipping, & handling within the lower 48.

I'd like to be very clear up front. This amplifier is not stock and is far from it. All modifications were completed roughly 7 years ago except for a re-cap ~5 years ago which is regular maintenance. I'm selling this because I do not play guitar anymore and have college debt to pay off. I've done my best to document all of the modifications or information I know about the amplifier for you below:

- I am the original owner and have all original booklets to go with the amplifier sale.
- The amplifier has been in storage within a smoke-free, air-conditioned environment for the last 4 years.
- It has a Mercury Magnetics JCM 800 output transformer with a 3.3K primary impedance and 4,8,16 ohm output impedances.
- It has a 10H Mercury Magnetics Choke installed.
- Stock PT.
- It has the needed bias modification to properly bias the power tubes out of saturation.
- It has another modification (FJA also offers this mod) allowing for it to run EL34's, KT77's, or 6L6's.
- It has red LED's installed above the tubes which can be turned on or off with a switch on the back. The LED's are not battery powered.
- I purchased this amplifier new around the year 2005.
- The crunch channel's gain has been greatly reduced.
- Lowered the noise floor.
- Lead channel was revoiced to have more gain, cleaner, more high-mid emphasis, and more headroom.
- The clean channel has more input sensitivity and accepts pedals well.
- The original footswitch and footswitch cable are included, but I'm missing the back panel of the footswitch.
- I have excellent feedback on this forum as well as sevenstring.org.
- Legal stuff: I am not a business and the amplifier is being sold as is.

Buyer to pay all shipping, packaging, and insurance fees from 21076. I will allow local pickup if located within or around MD. Sorry, no trades. Price is firm.

Thank you for your time,

-Matt
cVQf7q.jpg

vgldPf.jpg

BWiaA8.jpg

TBOWFg.jpg

Bc1Vgn.jpg

H59ntz.jpg

tOdXmf.jpg

Yessir - still have it! The glass nexus is going nowhere. I called strymon to get info on the recommended NOS tubes for it and retubed it about 2 years ago :)

edit: PS you don't have me in your signature :dunno:

Unfortunate you don't play guitar anymore after all the time you put into it...
I wouldn't sell everything off yet. You may want to play again.

exo-metal":38171s3q said:
Unfortunate you don't play guitar anymore after all the time you put into it...
I wouldn't sell everything off yet. You may want to play again.

Thanks for the comment! I'm not professionally gigging or playing bars anymore and I've forgotten 90% of the songs anyway, so it's time to move on.

Up :rock:

Back