SOLD

Dave L

€550

Up for sale is my very cool and rare Steavens preamp. This is The Brick, the no-frills sibling to the original Poundcake head and Radioactivator MIDI preamp - offering the same killer rock tones in a simpler package. You won´t find the Steavens tone cheaper anywhere else!

This one is from 1992 and both works and sounds great. The construction is solid, top-shelf stuff as you would expect from high-end german manufacturing and the condition is very good with a small scratch here and there.

It has three channels:
The Clean channel is somewhere inbetween a twin and a plexi, it starts out crystal clean but has a nice bluesy overdrive at the end of the dial.

The Rough channel is two levels of JCM800 with separate gain and level controls but a shared EQ, so basically 1,5 channels of chunky british tone. This is my favorite channel and I´ll be sorry to see it go.

The Heat channel is a bit darker in the top end, more in the Bogner Brown vein. Not tons of gain by modern standards and not an extreme metal voicing, but a very nice late 1980s high gain hard rock sound. It´s more on the dry side, not very compressed and what you put into it is what you get out.

This definitely is a worthy competitor to any big-name preamp out there, at a much friendlier price.

hpYTyPN.jpg

eaXMWVZ.jpg

kIj2KPD.jpg

J9PbgUv.jpg

QHqTq3E.jpg

85TC2fP.jpg

PDEt5Dh.jpg

KhunBpR.jpg

Back