WTB - Mesa Boogie Rec. Rev F. *Found*

A lot of people are holding on to theirs. I would only sell mine if I found an F triple to replace it with, they are sick amps. Good luck with your search.

steve_k":3sc85ovu said:
1meanplexi":3sc85ovu said:
Title says it all. Lemme know if you have one to move. Thanks crew.

One on eBay. He's quite proud of it at $1999.

Yes he is....he said on a best offer he would only knock off $50.00. Do you have any in your stable you would part with????

1meanplexi":1ltespee said:
steve_k":1ltespee said:
1meanplexi":1ltespee said:

Yes he is....he said on a best offer he would only knock off $50.00. Do you have any in your stable you would part with????

I sold mine a while back and bought two Multi-watts, a Dual and a Triple...LOL. With an EQ in the loop, I find they sound close enough to the originals, plus I like having the 3rd channel.

steve_k":3o6zu6o1 said:
1meanplexi":3o6zu6o1 said:
steve_k":3o6zu6o1 said:
1meanplexi":3o6zu6o1 said:

I sold mine a while back and bought two Multi-watts, a Dual and a Triple...LOL. With an EQ in the loop, I find they sound close enough to the originals, plus I like having the 3rd channel.

Thanks for the response. I think I may have found one. Did you prefer el-34 or 6l6''s in your Rev f?

1meanplexi":2ddp6kk2 said:
steve_k":2ddp6kk2 said:
steve_k":2ddp6kk2 said:

Thanks for the response. I think I may have found one. Did you prefer el-34 or 6l6''s in your Rev f?

6L6

1meanplexi":3k4w4lfe said:

If racks are your thing, there's a chrome chassis F that just popped up on eBay. Less wire, more F...... :rock:

I liked my Rev F with 6L6 as well. I've had two. But I like my multi watt way better than both of them.

RedPlated":r0vft2rn said:
I liked my Rev F with 6L6 as well. I've had two. But I like my multi watt way better than both of them.

What is it about the multi watt that makes you prefer it over the F?

1meanplexi":v5o14680 said:
RedPlated":v5o14680 said:

It can do what the Rev F does easily. And way more. It’s light years ahead of the regular 3 channel recto. Not fizzy and loose at all. Just very usable on all 3 channels and has a great loop. Clean channel on Rev F isn’t even in same league as the multi as well.

Rev F vs Multiwatt. When dialed in, they can be very close. The Rev F stigma is “older and more rare is better.” Just no reason to get one over a multi, imo.

RedPlated":2kmct45w said:
1meanplexi":2kmct45w said:
RedPlated":2kmct45w said:

It can do what the Rev F does easily. And way more. It’s light years ahead of the regular 3 channel recto. Not fizzy and loose at all. Just very usable on all 3 channels and has a great loop. Clean channel on Rev F isn’t even in same league as the multi as well.

Rev F vs Multiwatt. When dialed in, they can be very close. The Rev F stigma is “older and more rare is better.” Just no reason to get one over a multi, imo.

Wow!!!! thanks for that clip. Fluff always has the Sh*% down with this kind of thing. A layman summary is, F=darker, multi=brighter. To your point....I can hear how the multi can get to the F's tones. Again, thanks for posting.

Pretty cool vid. The reality is while he may not have added any post signal enhancements, youtube in itself adds a ton of compression, so I don't know that this is a true represeentation of what is actually in the room.

That said, I may pickup a reborn and do a side-by-side comparison just for my own knowledge. I've personally found that tweaking the orange channel with both presence knobs engaged really tightens the old recto's up. To Steve's earlier point, throwing an eq in the loop on these reborns probably gets you 95% there.

*FOUND ONE*

I cannot thank you guys enough for all the responses. I have a 92 Dual rec (with the Schumacher transformers) coming in. Just got my Fortin 33 so this is going to be an apocalypse. :rock: on!

Back