- SOLD please delete

I own a Golub modded super lead and I will agree with everything in the above post. Only difference is that my Golub stayed and my favorite Cameron went down the road. If you're even remotely contemplating pulling the trigger on this amp, you will not regret it.

marshallmel":kmekjsz4 said:
I own a Golub modded super lead and I will agree with everything in the above post. Only difference is that my Golub stayed and my favorite Cameron went down the road. If you're even remotely contemplating pulling the trigger on this amp, you will not regret it.
Thanks man - marshall mel knows tone ;)

So I know this may sound like a dumb question, but is this amp voiced similar to a cameron Aldrich? I ask because you say it sounds similar to your cameron superlead (which sounds like it would more jose voiced if it's a ccv proto), but I find my jose and Aldrich to be voiced differently from each other. Either way, I'm sure it's a killer amp

braintheory":22jeqm3x said:
So I know this may sound like a dumb question, but is this amp voiced similar to a cameron Aldrich? I ask because you say it sounds similar to your cameron superlead (which sounds like it would more jose voiced if it's a ccv proto), but I find my jose and Aldrich to be voiced differently from each other. Either way, I'm sure it's a killer amp

All I know is, I dialed them in, and they sounded almost identical (in fact, I got confused which was which at times in the blind A/B test)
However, the Golub does have more gain on tap, (which Aldrich mods do have)

Here is a little info on the Cameron from the guy I bought it from (a friend of Marks:)

"Mark and Company were attempting to relaunch Cameron amps. In an effort to raise funds, Mark was doing lots of mods at this time.
His partner saw that he was taking far too much time in tweaking each amp.
The plan was to make his mods standard and eliminate all of the tweaking so he had Mark do this Plexi.
He would then install his mods in future amps exactly as this one was done without taking all of the time tweaking the individual amps.
So in essence this was a prototype that he did with his best work."

braintheory":3jpm67z0 said:
I had a Golub lead modded Plexi 100w reissue at the same time as my first Cameron Aldrich, which also was a Plex RI. They were virtually identical with the only difference being the Cameron had a bit tighter low end.
Really great amp!
:rock:

That sux! I was going to bid on it this morning, but got tied up, I see that it's sold now. Oh well. Congrats to new owner.

Back