SOLD

djpatb":3ck8amz8 said:

Hate to make this cliché post as I NEVER do this, but I can't understand how this amp couldn't be sold yet? I don't think people realize this is a 50 watt Nitro and Quick Rod all in 1, without a clean channel. If you want clean you can just roll back your guitar's volume knob. This amp is absolutely awesome and is a crazy deal . It sounds killer at ANY volume , has a great fx loop with variable send and receive levels, a totally variable solo volume boost controlled by a footswitch, and great tones. I have 2 Splawns including 1 of these and I'd buy it in a heartbeat if didn't have so many amps.. . Ok there's my cliché post of the day and I have no clue who the seller is but HAD to finally say something. lol

p.s. these amps kill through Scumback Speakers
Eric

ericb":3gttu3sn said:
djpatb":3gttu3sn said:

Hate to make this cliché post as I NEVER do this, but I can't understand how this amp couldn't be sold yet? I don't think people realize this is a 50 watt Nitro and Quick Rod all in 1, without a clean channel. If you want clean you can just roll back your guitar's volume knob. This amp is absolutely awesome and is a crazy deal . It sounds killer at ANY volume , has a great fx loop with variable send and receive levels, a totally variable solo volume boost controlled by a footswitch, and great tones. I have 2 Splawns including 1 of these and I'd buy it in a heartbeat if didn't have so many amps.. . Ok there's my cliché post of the day and I have no clue who the seller is but HAD to finally say something. lol

p.s. these amps kill through Scumback Speakers
Eric

Have to agree. This is a killer deal.

napalmdeath":1n8679rg said:
What's the difference between this and a Competition?

From what I recall , the Competition is the dirt channel of the Quick Rod.. This is the dirt channel of the Nitro, BUT a footswitch that switches it to the Quick Rod also. . Then you have the oD1/od2 that's footswitchable for either the Nitro or Quick Rod also, and that gives a bit of a different shade of gain

I tend to use mine in 'quick rod' mode as it suits the music I play better

Eric

napalmdeath":cd44sa3i said:
This is the single channel 50w of the Nitro. I belie that the Competition is the 50w single channel version of the Quick Rod.

Edit: Sorry ericb beat me to it while I was typing.

slaveunit":2xgh65pt said:
napalmdeath":2xgh65pt said:
This is the single channel 50w of the Nitro. I belie that the Competition is the 50w single channel version of the Quick Rod.

True, BUT this also has a 'Quick Rod' mode also via the footswitch!

p.s. I'm going to stop chiming in on this guy's FS thread as I don't know him or HIS amp. If his sucks, then don't blame me! lol All I know is mine doesn't suck at all , and I have about 10 modded Marshalls, 2 Splawns and many other tube amps, and I reach for my Splawns regularly

Eric

ericb":nc1i1tsm said:
slaveunit":nc1i1tsm said:
napalmdeath":nc1i1tsm said:

True, BUT this also has a 'Quick Rod' mode also via the footswitch!

p.s. I'm going to stop chiming in on this guy's FS thread as I don't know him or HIS amp. If his sucks, then don't blame me! lol All I know is mine doesn't suck at all , and I have about 10 modded Marshalls, 2 Splawns and many other tube amps, and I reach for my Splawns regularly

Eric

I'm going to keep an eye on it, if still here in a few weeks, I'll jump on it!

What the crap are you talking about? The super comp is single channel of the nitro. It doesn't switch between the QR and Nitro.
The mode switch boosts the mids but doesn't make it a QR.

This is directly from Splawns website.

50 or 100 watts - w/ half power switch
Single Channel (overdrive) Version of the Nitro
3 Button Footswitch - #1 Mode - #2 OD1/OD2 - #3 Solo Boost
Series Effects Loop - w/ true-bypass and adjustable +4db/-10db switch
Loop Volume Control for low volume playing.
Impedance Selector - 4/8/16 ohms
Tubes - Choice of EL34, EL34B, or KT88

If it doesn't it's close. Don't worry about the ad copy ,ask Scott and see what he says? The mode switch completely changes the character of the amp, and I use it in the non-traditional nitro-mode (lol- if you want to call it that) . . I found some old references on the net like : http://splawnfans.proboards.com/thread/ ... ode-switch Either way it's got the Quick Rod mid-slope in mode2.

I have a Street Rod and Supercomp and have had the Street Rod for about 8 years and the Super Comp maybe 3-5 years. Great amps and for 850.00 it's a no-brainer UNLESS it doesn't work for you with the 2 modes, the 2 od's, the variable solo boost, the 1/2 power switch ,the excellent fx loop,etc. It probably didn't work for the OP . p==
Eric

Metlupass2":2r2rbduy said:
What the crap are you talking about? The super comp is single channel of the nitro. It doesn't switch between the QR and Nitro.
The mode switch boosts the mids but doesn't make it a QR.

This is directly from Splawns website.

50 or 100 watts - w/ half power switch
Single Channel (overdrive) Version of the Nitro
3 Button Footswitch - #1 Mode - #2 OD1/OD2 - #3 Solo Boost
Series Effects Loop - w/ true-bypass and adjustable +4db/-10db switch
Loop Volume Control for low volume playing.
Impedance Selector - 4/8/16 ohms
Tubes - Choice of EL34, EL34B, or KT88

Back