Gibson Les Paul 1957 Historic Custom Black Beauty 2004 SOLD

Wizard of Ozz

***SOLD***SOLD***SOLD****
For Sale: 2004 Gibson Les Paul 1957 Historic Reissue Custom Black Beauty. The guitar is in excellent condition, plays and sounds superb. There are no repairs, no refrets, it intonates perfectly, holds tune, and is set up with a very low buzz free action. The guitar has been professionally set-up and Plekked to ensure optimum performance. The only cosmetic flaws are 2 small pencil tip sized indentations on the top (which can only bee seen from 2 inches up close). 1 of the small indents is right under the tail piece (see pic) and the other is on the top edge of the lower bout, right about under where your forearm would rest while playing. There is also a very thin hairline scratch that runs the length of the neck on the bass side only, right between where the binding meets the neck wood. It's under the clear coat, can't be felt but is there. Probably from binding shrinkage. See pics. Other than these, the top is super clean. The back of the body and neck are immaculate. No dings, dents, scratches, or worming on the back of the body or neck. There is zero fret-wear and low buzz free playing (see pics of frets). The overall cosmetic condition is a strong 9/10. Functionally, 10/10.

The exact Gibson model # is LP B-7 also sometimes called a BBR7. This guitar is a Historic Reissue so it has a solid non-weight relieved mahogany body, long tenon neck construction, and was built in the Gibson Custom Shop. It also has a solid thick slab of real jet black African Ebony fret-board, and real mother of pearl block fretboard inlays. This is the 1957 Custom Historic Reissue, so it has a solid mahogany body and top... it does not have a maple top like a regular production Les Paul Custom.

Weight is 9 pounds 10 ounces on my digital shipping scale. I don't have calipers to measure the neck, but I do have several other Les Pauls to compare the neck profile to, and by feel I'd say it's right close to .90" at the first fret and 1.00" at the 12th fret. This again is an estimate of the neck size thickness. The neck is very comfortable with small shoulders.

There have been some modifications to the guitar: the stock Gibson '57 Classic pickups have been replaced with a Seymour Duncan Jazz neck pickup and a Seymour Duncan Distortion bridge pickup (the original gold cover '57 Classic pickups are not included)... the stock pots/caps have been replace with a RS Guitarworks Modern wiring harness, and the guitar is set up with EBMM .10-.46 gauge strings in standard 440 tuning. The original Gibson Certificate of Authenticity and original black Gibson Custom Shop hardshell case are included as well.

Price: $3000.00 shipped/insured via UPS Ground including the regular PayPal fee to anywhere in the lower 48 states of the USA. I will not ship outside of the USA. Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico will cost extra. I will only ship to your confirmed/verified PayPal address with signature confirmation. I will not ship to a third party. Please, absolutely no trades of any kind, partial or otherwise.

Pics:

8rVNujw.jpg

gq0lODZ.jpg

AWell4f.jpg

9Q6mIth.jpg

TOTPfTE.jpg

jnqydcC.jpg

5VjlSfG.jpg

HfFTdND.jpg

eNtFcYg.jpg

0gekV8t.jpg

e8l1rUy.jpg

m3IhMJR.jpg

fOYuDNS.jpg

az4u1nf.jpg

yMN3Zub.jpg

OLE81wj.jpg

There is no way this thing won't sell. All of us are foaming at the mouth. If I didn't just go thru a divorce and get a drumset, I'd be all over this. Just a matter of time until there is a victim (excuse the pun victim5150). LOL. Good luck with the sale brother. I think it will sell soon. That thing is awesome. My dream guitar, definitely. None more black!!!

Back