‘72 50 Watt Marshall ***video***

pelWzuNl.jpg

guitarded_1":3vyywvon said:
What were the few updates done? Looks like all of the original mustard caps have been replaced.
I am not the original owner and haven’t done anything with the amp. Owned it for years -it really is a good sounding 50wt.

Ampaddict":1kt7g95x said:
guitarded_1":1kt7g95x said:
What were the few updates done? Looks like all of the original mustard caps have been replaced.
I am not the original owner and haven’t done anything with the amp. Owned it for years -it really is a good sounding 50wt.

It’s certainly a good looking amp. GLWTS

Geezus, that sounds amazing. My '72 50w had all the original Mustards and didn't sound that good. In fact, I only sold it because my much, much cheaper 1987xl sounded exactly the same.

FWIW, I recently picked up an old Super Lead and some of those coveted mustard caps were cracked and the amp sounds way better with actual functioning coupling caps. So at this point I’d be almost more nervous to buy an old amp like these that didn’t have at least a few caps redone, as it would make me wonder if the prior owner was paying attention to whether the thing needs servicing.

Back