Wizard Modern Classic effects loop question.

manray03

Would it devalue a Wizard Modern Classic to have an effects loop added by someone other than the factory. I can't wait a possible 2 months for the Wizard factory to do it. Thanks for any help.

Resale is allready pretty tough on these babies, i myself wouldn't bat an eye at a loop done by a reputible modder. Voodoo, FJA, etc. etc.

Plus i'm thinking about adding a loop to mine.

Thanks for the reply. Not a lot of Love on this site for the Wizard brand, and I can understand why, with the lack of factory support for the product. This is my second Wizard and they are like dating a hot chick with issues.

I'm in the same boat with a loop, I'm just going to put a Metro one in. As far as support goes, Rick's been awesome to me, it's a one man show and that has it's disadvantages. Big deal. The amps are killer and who cares if they are "forum approved." Malcolm and Angus don't need no stinking approval!!!

I love the Wizards and have heard nothing but good about Rick and his service. :rock:

The shipping back and forth to Canada is the only thing that can get to be a pain. For something like a loop, i'd use somebody in the States. If my amp needed something serious, i'd send it to Rick.

So yea, my idea was to call Rick and see if he'd help me with a doing a Metro loop?

My MC has a factory done loop. Someone who really wants a loop could buy mine, then sell their loopless one. Just a thought.....

Don't get me wrong, I love the amps too or I would not have bought a second, but I cannot get anyone to return a simple e-mail. It scares me to ship an amp out of the country for months and not be able to communicate with anyone!

manray03":w9ntvdjj said:
Don't get me wrong, I love the amps too or I would not have bought a second, but I cannot get anyone to return a simple e-mail. It scares me to ship an amp out of the country for months and not be able to communicate with anyone!

I understand your sentiment... i bought 2 as well (modern classics). I love these amps. Regarding the popularity, its all perception. When the mods were first pumping them in 2007ish? people were ordering up, and then the emphasis was on the cameron and friedman stuff where it is presently. this stuff will all cycle around again for sure. Ive done the whole cycle myself and ended up back where I started out in the 80's with marshall's and marshall based amps like the wizard. btw I sent an email about some parts weeks ago and never heard back..lol oh well

manray03":ad241xa5 said:
Would it devalue a Wizard Modern Classic to have an effects loop added by someone other than the factory. I can't wait a possible 2 months for the Wizard factory to do it. Thanks for any help.

I had Henric Hermansson (emaushenric on this board) do a loop in my old Metal. He did a great job and it's reversible as well. Read about it on his blogg (in Swedish I'm afraid) but you can look at the pics:

http://emaushenric.benesser.se/?cat=6

/Ulf

I've heard that Rick does free upgrades if you pay for shipping. I would assume that this would include a loop since the current production amps now come with loops. Might be worth checking out.

Just to update this for those who may be interested, I recently had a Metro Zero Loss loop installed in my MC1 and use it mainly for a solo boost with an Xotic EP and it works awesome, delays sound killer too. Highly recommended!! :thumbsup:

I have a a metro loop in one of my modern classics as well.. I think I need to adjust the internal trimmer because it ups the volume/gain just a tad when engaged and your not supposed to be able to hear a difference when the loop is engaged.

BAN-ONE":1ds5cihm said:
Just to update this for those who may be interested, I recently had a Metro Zero Loss loop installed in my MC1 and use it mainly for a solo boost with an Xotic EP and it works awesome, delays sound killer too. Highly recommended!! :thumbsup:
Things have changed with Wizard and the builder. Rick is strict about the warranty. If you buy a Wizard new from his dealer, who has outstanding beyond excellent service in my experience, Rick will take great care of you period. I don't blame a builder being reluctant to work on or warranty one of his amps that has been passed around like a hot chic that might have a few STD's now.

lespaul6":36fsdp3p said:
I have a a metro loop in one of my modern classics as well.. I think I need to adjust the internal trimmer because it ups the volume/gain just a tad when engaged and your not supposed to be able to hear a difference when the loop is engaged.

That's all you need to do. We adjusted mine on the scope and nailed it 2nd time.

glip22":36fsdp3p said:
BAN-ONE":36fsdp3p said:
Things have changed with Wizard and the builder. Rick is strict about the warranty. If you buy a Wizard new from his dealer, who has outstanding beyond excellent service in my experience, Rick will take great care of you period. I don't blame a builder being reluctant to work on or warranty one of his amps that has been passed around like a hot chic that might have a few STD's now.

+1 Rick is a champion. I bought mine 2nd hand and he's been nothing but awesome with the few queries I've had. Such a killer amp, been gigged pretty heavily, every time I plug in, the big grin appears. :D

Back