Do new amplifiers break in and get sweeter?

SQUAREHEAD

It has been many years since I have had a brand new guitar amplifier… I think I hear my Wizard MTL sort of breaking in and getting better and better… More clarity, more sweetness, more juice, even a touch more gain, not so stiff as when it was brand-new…
Have you guys experienced this or is it all in my head?

SQUAREHEAD":1b7gg759 said:
It has been many years since I have had a brand new guitar amplifier… I think I hear my Wizard MTL sort of breaking in and getting better and better… More clarity, more sweetness, more juice, even a touch more gain, not so stiff as when it was brand-new…
Have you guys experienced this or is it all in my head?

I can't vouch for what may or may not be in your head but amps definetely break in, particularly the transformers. :D

Rick told me that my MCII would get sweeter as the Transformers magnetized. I have found that to be the case. Love that amp. My MTL is due to be shipped next week so I'll have a chance to experience what you are experiencing first hand. Can't wait!

drspearing":3ej81ph8 said:
Rick told me that my MCII would get sweeter as the Transformers magnetized. I have found that to be the case. Love that amp. My MTL is due to be shipped next week so I'll have a chance to experience what you are experiencing first hand. Can't wait!

Awesome news, bro… I am looking forward to see what you think!

Back