NAD! MTL 100 and cabs!

northern1":3a42unud said:
glip22":3a42unud said:
northern1":3a42unud said:
glip22":3a42unud said:
I like a mix of V-30's and Heritage 55 hz cones with mine. It sounds better through this combo than some others I have tried like Heritage 55 and 75 hz cone mix or all 75's. All 55's rock also. I like that this amp can cover Plexi through to high gain. Much more gain than the MCII

Did you x pattern or ??? I agree the amp does so much I'm so glad! :rock:
Can't remember if I did in this cab. It is more versatile than the MCII's or I I had. I know you have had a few also. You didn't forget about the pull scoop like Keith did :LOL: :LOL: That takes into a different area than the MC and notches up the clarity. It shifts the EQ. Must have something to do with the slope resistor but I am not sure. There's more to the circuitry involved than just a resistor. It's a killer amp. Good choice

Mine is an earlier model, bought it used so that mod was not available at the time... If I send it for service I might ask Rick if it can be installed...
I know mine is a few years old. I didn't know they all didn't have it.

hehehehe....
After I had the MTL for some time, Gary had to remind me about this feature...
It is very aggressive, and I like to move depth control up to 6 or so, The attack
is just outrageous...
Like I said before, it makes all other amps run with their tail between their
legs... hehehe

but, This feature would not be a deal breaker for me as I don't play death metal or
anything more aggressive than Lynch, Kings X, Miaden, Sabbath, Halen, Priest etc etc ...

I like MIDS!!!

SQUAREHEAD":3m8irmrg said:
hehehehe....
It is very aggressive, and I like to move depth control up to 6 or so, The attack
is just outrageous...
legs... hehehe

but, This feature would not be a deal breaker for me as I don't play death metal or
anything more aggressive than Lynch, Kings X, Miaden, Sabbath, Halen, Priest etc etc ...

I like MIDS!!!

:yes: :rock: :rock: :rock:
I was just playing very loud for an hour or 2.... I can't believe how huge this amp sounds and the definition/articulation is incredible! The saturation and depth control are an amazing addition to the MTL. My neighbor's are no longer talking to me lol!

northern1":2gredols said:
SQUAREHEAD":2gredols said:
hehehehe....
is just outrageous...
legs... hehehe

I like MIDS!!!

I was just playing very loud for an hour or 2.... I can't believe how huge this amp sounds and the definition/articulation is incredible! The saturation and depth control are an amazing addition to the MTL. My neighbor's are no longer talking to me lol!

:D :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:LOL: :LOL: Yep! That's what really sold me on the MTL... the Saturation, the Depth, and the fact that the amp has more gain overall...Stupid silly grin happens every time I fire her up!!!!
Best tone I have ever experienced. period. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

SQUAREHEAD":284xndlw said:
northern1":284xndlw said:
SQUAREHEAD":284xndlw said:
hehehehe....
is just outrageous...
legs... hehehe

I like MIDS!!!

:LOL: :LOL: Yep! That's what really sold me on the MTL... the Saturation, the Depth, and the fact that the amp has more gain overall...Stupid silly grin happens every time I fire her up!!!!
It does everything from Plexi clean to all out mayhem with very little compression and does it all extremely well. No sacrifice in tone or feel. Can cop MCii tones but takes off to another level making it more versatile.

glip22":5g71ftz5 said:
SQUAREHEAD":5g71ftz5 said:
northern1":5g71ftz5 said:
SQUAREHEAD":5g71ftz5 said:
hehehehe....
is just outrageous...
legs... hehehe

I like MIDS!!!

It does everything from Plexi clean to all out mayhem with very little compression and does it all extremely well. No sacrifice in tone or feel. Can cop MCii tones but takes off to another level making it more versatile.
Yet another plus, I can crank it LOUD like Ian said, and I do NOT get any ear fatigue that my old 93 Wizard Metal 100 used to give me... I could only play it for minimal time, then had to take a break...
Still just as tight, but much more "meat" to the tone, and fills the room much better, unbelievable!
I don't have any idea how Rick builds an amp that feels and sounds so utterly huge, while staying this tight. :confused:

nice man, looks like it would peel paint off the wall for sure.
i want a MTL to go along with the MCII, not sure how much meaner the MTL would be than boosting the MCII though, if it is - I'm scared to hear that thing.

How is the master volume on the new MTL's - can it do the low volume thing? Does it have a smooth taper or is it more of an on/off volume?

fearhk213":3r4oklji said:
How is the master volume on the new MTL's - can it do the low volume thing? Does it have a smooth taper or is it more of an on/off volume?
On/off Same as the older Wizards. MCII is smoother taper but. You can use the loop send and return to tame her down. The 2016 might be different but I am not sure.

glip22":37gkby40 said:
fearhk213":37gkby40 said:
On/off Same as the older Wizards. MCII is smoother taper but. You can use the loop send and return to tame her down. The 2016 might be different but I am not sure.
:thumbsup:

Wow !! I sneaked in here after reading on peterc thread days ago... Heard the wonderful wonderful clips by rezamatrix on the wizard MTL.....

Wonder if these Wizard MTL 50 would be good in bedroom volume ? Are the wizards made for even at low volume setup? Ala Fryette with their pittbull line with a master volume ?

This MTL is a dual channel amp with switchable via foot controller or also on front panel ? I did see a rhythm and lead volume control....

How many 12ax7 is on the 50watts and on the 100watts for the MTL ?

Indeed a crazy amp here !!

The 50 and 100 W MTL's would be very close in volume, neither one would be the ideal bedroom amplifier in my Opinion, although if you have the loop, you can adjust the volume down to very comfortable level…
The 50 and 100 have identical preamp sections so they would have the same amount of preamp tubes… Six if you have the loop and five if you don't…
All the switching functions can be done manually on front of amp or via foot switch plugged into the back of the amplifier... Rhythm channel / rhythm channel with boost / lead channel / lead channel with boost / loop on-off , Hope this answers your questions, wonderful amplifier indeed…
Tone is so subjective, but this is my favorite amp of all time,
in my opinion, it's the best… :thumbsup:

hopkinWFG":hpsctl6q said:
Wow !! I sneaked in here after reading on peterc thread days ago... Heard the wonderful wonderful clips by rezamatrix on the wizard MTL.....

Wonder if these Wizard MTL 50 would be good in bedroom volume ? Are the wizards made for even at low volume setup? Ala Fryette with their pittbull line with a master volume ?

This MTL is a dual channel amp with switchable via foot controller or also on front panel ? I did see a rhythm and lead volume control....

+1 absolutely true! I have never played a better amplifier.

SQUAREHEAD":3c21bsqf said:
The 50 and 100 W MTL's would be very close in volume, neither one would be the ideal bedroom amplifier in my Opinion, although if you have the loop, you can adjust the volume down to very comfortable level…
The 50 and 100 have identical preamp sections so they would have the same amount of preamp tubes… Six if you have the loop and five if you don't…
All the switching functions can be done manually on front of amp or via foot switch plugged into the back of the amplifier... Rhythm channel / rhythm channel with boost / lead channel / lead channel with boost / loop on-off , Hope this answers your questions, wonderful amplifier indeed…
Tone is so subjective, but this is my favorite amp of all time,
in my opinion, it's the best… :thumbsup:

hopkinWFG":3c21bsqf said:

Thanks guys am looking to get one MTL in future....the gain section is really insane imo as heard over on youtube thou that i know recording tones can never be exactly same when you play it in person.... how close can the you tube clips which rezamatrix done on his wizard 100 MTL be in close proximity the same when played in person... how bad ass can the wizard MTL be when playing thru the wizard cab compared to other non celestion loaded cab ?

Back