NAD! MTL 100 and cabs!

northern1":vmtmdxvd said:
I really liked my MC1 and MC2 but this is different in a better way for me, less ear fatigue...
What great amplifier.
:cheers:
Is this anew one? I love my MTL. Rick said the new 2016 MTL's were a little different but in classic Rick fashion did not tell me how. And I dared not ask :LOL: :LOL:

glip22":n4r7bx41 said:
northern1":n4r7bx41 said:
I really liked my MC1 and MC2 but this is different in a better way for me, less ear fatigue...
What great amplifier.
Is this anew one? I love my MTL. Rick said the new 2016 MTL's were a little different but in classic Rick fashion did not tell me how. And I dared not ask :LOL: :LOL:

I bought it and the cabs together and they are used.

northern1":2d7vqxdo said:
glip22":2d7vqxdo said:
northern1":2d7vqxdo said:
What great amplifier.

I bought it and the cabs together and they are used.
Like mine then. Great amp.

Hey Gary, northern1 lives just 45 minutes from me so we are going to get together and compare the two amplifiers… I'm so glad he is pleased with the MTL after all the praise I was giving mine to him over The last while… hehehe

SQUAREHEAD":39pp99n5 said:
Hey Gary, northern1 lives just 45 minutes from me so we are going to get together and compare the two amplifiers… I'm so glad he is pleased with the MTL after all the praise I was giving mine to him over The last while… hehehe
Awesome Keith. I await the comparison. :rock: I honestly cannot see how much different it would be based on the guts looking very similar. I expect yours to have a little smoother tone and a little wider on the lows where the "A" trannies will be a little tighter but who knows as Rick said the front end was changed aside from him using the "V"tranny in the new one. I did not see it by the gut shots but I am no expert.

That's what I'm expecting, Gary... I don't know which trannies are in northern1's MTL ... Or if he has cracked it open yet to see…

Mind if I had my NAD MTL and LP as well! :rock:

image_zps746xzkih.jpeg

I like a mix of V-30's and Heritage 55 hz cones with mine. It sounds better through this combo than some others I have tried like Heritage 55 and 75 hz cone mix or all 75's. All 55's rock also. I like that this amp can cover Plexi through to high gain. Much more gain than the MCII

glip22":1s4gm6pt said:
I like a mix of V-30's and Heritage 55 hz cones with mine. It sounds better through this combo than some others I have tried like Heritage 55 and 75 hz cone mix or all 75's. All 55's rock also. I like that this amp can cover Plexi through to high gain. Much more gain than the MCII

Did you x pattern or ??? I agree the amp does so much I'm so glad! :rock:

northern1":2qowdah5 said:
glip22":2qowdah5 said:

Can't remember if I did in this cab. It is more versatile than the MCII's or I I had. I know you have had a few also. You didn't forget about the pull scoop like Keith did :LOL: :LOL: That takes into a different area than the MC and notches up the clarity. It shifts the EQ. Must have something to do with the slope resistor but I am not sure. There's more to the circuitry involved than just a resistor. It's a killer amp. Good choice

glip22":2dl7n3jt said:
northern1":2dl7n3jt said:
glip22":2dl7n3jt said:

Can't remember if I did in this cab. It is more versatile than the MCII's or I I had. I know you have had a few also. You didn't forget about the pull scoop like Keith did :LOL: :LOL: That takes into a different area than the MC and notches up the clarity. It shifts the EQ. Must have something to do with the slope resistor but I am not sure. There's more to the circuitry involved than just a resistor. It's a killer amp. Good choice

Mine is an earlier model, bought it used so that mod was not available at the time... If I send it for service I might ask Rick if it can be installed...

Back