Contour pot on the Modern Classic II

War Admiral

I imagine its out of the circuit if you dime it....dont like the effect it has on the tone...becomes hollow/softer sounding when its lower. Thoughts???

I would also like to know this… I share your feelings as I did not really like it either…
Gary will probably pipe in here and help us out…
When I was deciding on the MTL, I did try the modern classic II right next to it, but I forget whether the contour was out of the circuit at zero or at 10…

SQUAREHEAD":tn608ycl said:
I would also like to know this… I share your feelings as I did not really like it either…
When I was deciding on the MTL, I did try the modern classic II right next to it, but I forget whether the contour was out of the circuit at zero or at 10…
Logic would say that passive circuitry in this instance the pot would have to be on 10 to be out...anything lower you are cutting unless it is active circuitry. I would think...

War Admiral":12b83ll5 said:
SQUAREHEAD":12b83ll5 said:
Logic would say that passive circuitry in this instance the pot would have to be on 10 to be out...anything lower you are cutting unless it is active circuitry. I would think...
I'm no Wizard expert Keith :LOL: :LOL: but that is correct. Out of circuit fully clockwise.

Back