Wizard ordering direct

mdc1mdc11

How long does it typically take to get a response back from their contact page to buy an amp? Do they
stop building amps during specific periods?

Send a message to Rick. He's pretty quick to respond. I just had one built and got it a few weeks ago. It took about 8 weeks after order to receipt. I would have had it a little sooner, but I asked him to delay shipping it because I was traveling.

Rezamatix":2yllbg4e said:
I recently talked to him, he said 2 weeks.

Damn that's nothing. I so want a MCII now. :doh:

Also, I think Vintage King has them on order - even a MTL is on their site now, so that may be a quicker route.

I did eventually reach Rick, nice guy and helpful, mentioned they are building heads and cabs. Reach out to him, seemed busy as others have suggested here.

UberschallEL34":1n2lnfdk said:
i want one of his cabs - think they're made in USA now, or close to being made here.

They're made in So. California by Boutique Amps Distribution. Ships from there.

UberschallEL34":2jrzyy90 said:
yep - that's what i recall...do you dig them? what speakers are you using?

I started with Scumback H55/H75 but there was too much low end. That combo works very well in my Mills cabs though.

Now I have Scumback M75 on top of J75. I like it a lot, but I miss a little bit of the brightness/tighter low end that the H's brought. I really like the MTL with the BE cab and my Splawn with Creamback H75/V30. - so I am going to try a M75/v30 mix and a J75/v30 mix and see how it does.

I hate being all the way in Australia with crazy shipping prices and massive import taxes standing between me and an MCII. I think last time I checked it was going to be over 7k AUD to have one at my door, and that's just for a head!

Back