Wizard Modern Classic bias adjustment

mdc1mdc11

May need to do this for my Wizard Modern Classic Combo. After I check the value/reading do you
just adjustment a trim pot like you do on a regular marshall?

Have not looked at the insides of any of my Wizards (MCII) and now this combo...Where do I find
the trim-pot?

What is the best bias milliamp level ? This one is a Modern Classic 50w

Message me your email and I will send you a picture of the inside of the amplifier, I personally keep my bias at around 32 mA… Here on rig talk you will find many who think it's cool to bias everything hot ... these things run at around 480 plate voltage… So anything above 35 or so sounds choked and mushy to me… I like the bias a little cooler so the amp can breathe with great clarity and tight low-end… which also obviously gives your power tubes longer life…

SQUAREHEAD":mwwnlqwy said:
Message me your email and I will send you a picture of the inside of the amplifier, I personally keep my bias at around 32 mA… Here on rig talk you will find many who think it's cool to bias everything hot ... these things run at around 480 plate voltage… So anything above 35 or so sounds choked and mushy to me… I like the bias a little cooler so the amp can breathe with great clarity and tight low-end… which also obviously gives your power tubes longer life…

sorry for the delay, will send you a PM.

Thanks

its on the power supply board. look for the raised board with 4-6 EC's on it. you will see the bias pot staring at you at the edge of the board furthest from the chassis.

Back