Wizard Amps on AC/DC Black Ice recent tour?

petejt

Back in March I saw AC/DC at Subi Oval in Perth. Fantastic show to say the least :rock:

Anyway, the description of this sub-forum caught my eye....does AC/DC use/still use Wizard amps when performing live? Which ones in particular? At Subi Oval it was hard to differentiate what amps they were using, partly due to the oval's kinda crappy sound system, making everything sounding a bit muddy and over-echo'd. All I could tell was that it was like their Marshall plexi tone.

Another thing is that in 2007/2008 I saw a picture of Malcolm & Angus in the studio, using an amp called "ARD". I've never heard of them before.

petejt":3024pkjt said:
Back in March I saw AC/DC at Subi Oval in Perth. Fantastic show to say the least :rock:

Anyway, the description of this sub-forum caught my eye....does AC/DC use/still use Wizard amps when performing live? Which ones in particular? At Subi Oval it was hard to differentiate what amps they were using, partly due to the oval's kinda crappy sound system, making everything sounding a bit muddy and over-echo'd. All I could tell was that it was like their Marshall plexi tone.

Another thing is that in 2007/2008 I saw a picture of Malcolm & Angus in the studio, using an amp called "ARD". I've never heard of them before.

ARD, is actually WizARD, just a different logo. I think it's Malcolm that uses a 400w Wizard live, I think Angus uses Marshalls. they change it up, but i believe they only have ever used Marshalls and various Wizards. I could be wrong though, they may have flirted with other amps.

petejt":1edq5ptz said:

On this tour there are only Marshalls on stage, but there are many wizards under the stage. How many that are used I don't now. The Wizard you are talking about,If I remember correctly Malcolm named it ARD.

Back