Possible similarities between the Triptik and Friedman Naked

ras1988

I have just come into possession of a very nice Carol-Ann Triptik. I have not gotten a chance to play it as I am about 5 hours away from my speaker cabinet In the interim I was curious if anyone has tried both of these amps out and whether there could possibly be a common link between them.

On another forum, the axe-fx forum if I remember correctly, someone claimed to have a bit of insight on the development of the Triptik saying that a bit of inspiration was taken from a 70's Marshall circuit. I am not certain of the veracity of this statement. The Friedman Naked was made by merging a naylor preamp with a Marshall JMP . Just curious if these two amps could share a bit of lineage (common ancestor if you would) and if there was any tonal overlap. This is meant more to ascertain the general direction I am heading with these amp choices, than a "which is better" discussion. All of these are really fine amps made by top notch builders.

I would say not even close. The Triptik is it's own thing. The gain stages are pushed to the line of instability somehow giving the amp a lot more gain from less stages which limits compression ,adds to clarity,and gives the amp a specific feel. The Naked is a darker amp Naylor/Marshall meets Marshall power section as you said.

Back