Alex Attenuator, available soon from Scumback Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scumback Speakers

Since it's NAMM, I guess an announcement is in order.

Scumback Speakers & Cabs, Inc. has bought the marketing, design, and production rights to the Alex Attenuator from Alex Ortner.

I always felt this attenuator was a solid design, with a very transparent tone when used, and I own one myself, and used it in my demo room.

When Alex decided to move on to do other things (car engine related development, I believe), I asked him what he wanted to do with the design, and we struck a deal on Scumback taking over production.

I have ordered a first production run of chassis, and the parts to build them are on order as well. I expect these will all arrive around the end of February, early March.

Upcoming enhancements will be a 2nd speaker jack standard, and a new faceplate and name for the attenuator. Beyond that, the unit works so well, I really haven't explored other upgrades or options, but I will keep an open mind on that for the future.

I do have a waiting list started for clients, feel free to email me to get on it, and I will contact you when the units are built and ready to ship. I am not going to take deposits, I will only ship them as they're available. Pricing to remain the same as before at $449 per unit, 8 or 16 ohm.

I am also going to run a poll on what the new name of the attenuator will be, so you creative types get your ideas together for that. I will be announcing that as well in the next couple of days.

If anyone has any questions, just email sales at scumbackspeakers.com and put Alex Attenuator in the subject line, OK?

Glad to be able to offer this fine product again.

Jim

The first 30 chassis arrived today. The parts should be here around the beginning of next week, then assembly can begin. So 2nd week of May looks like a good date to start shipping them (if all the stars align, etc).

I'll be contacting those who got on the pre-order list about exactly what ohm rating they need (8 or 16) later tonight.

Whew...finally going to happen!

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back