Volume issues with live solo pieces.

LLEADD

I started doing Eruption for the past few months at gigs and noticed a few things.

At home I can nail it start to finish but live I still pull it off but it's more difficult.
The difference is the volume level. I noticed at louder levels everything feels different on the strings without the band.
Not things like without the band you're noticing more mistakes or noises, I can control all that. Maybe because it's so loud it's actually distracting, like you're hearing and hands are out of sync.

While you're playing you'll notice it may not be as smooth as you'd like but when you listen back to recording from the audience it's smooth as shit. So it's not a overly self critical thing.

Maybe it's a weird delay thing where you pick a note onstage but the actual note isn't fully heard till it's out there in the room because it's so loud. Or perhaps it's just a new setting you just have to get used to. It certainly is different.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Probably just from stage sound. I never play as well live cause the stage mix is not what I'm used to in the practice room.

Back