Two Notes Studio

Uncle Mike

I would like to know if the new Studio will be an attenuator or just have the load box function like the VB-101?
Thanks

Uncle Mike

It will be loadbox or thru, no internal attenuation. Unlike the VB-101. impedance will be selectable 4/8/16 ohms, capacity is 150 w and resistive or reactive loading can be selected.

Andy

Torpedo loadboxes with a thru have this option (VB-101, Live and Studio), you can either connect a load to the thru or an attenuator and a speaker. The amp sees the impedance of the load connected to the thru jack.

Andy

I guess I am just really confused with what the Studio will do.
I apologize if I am being overly thick and if I sound argumentative, I do not intend that to be the case.

I thought that I had read another discussion where the Two Notes Rep said that a VB-101 paired with a Reload will do about 90% of the new Studio unit. That is what made me think the Studio with have a built in attenuator. Perhaps he meant it the opposite way....that the New new studio will be 90% of the functionality of the VB-101 and the Reload.

I am trying to make a decision on which route to go. If I buy a Studio and then also need a Reload, I don't think I will be going in that direction.
At that point, I might consider the Radial Headload with the WOS software.

Thoughts?

that would depend on which 90% fits you application, best would be to describe how you wish to integrate Torpedo and I can recommend some solutions and list their attributes.

Andy

From what I understand, the Studio has full stereo I/O (whereas VB-101 only has mono inputs), the Studio's internal load can be set as either resistive or reactive & at 4, 8 or 16 ohms (VB-101 is 8 ohm resistive only) & the Studio will also be lighter in weight. Basically the Studio is like the VB-101 & the VM-202 mixed together & with a better internal load-box; hope this helps make things clearer for you. :)

Thanks for the clarification(s).

I want to use the Studio as follows;

1. Silent Recording w/ Cab sims and amp level set to sweet spot.
2. Attenuation for lower stage volume (speaker cab) while still sending to FOH
3. Record/Mix mic'd but attenuated speaker cab output from preamp with Torpedo Studio digital AES out with cab/mic sims.

It's number two & three that is my issue. It appears that I will need an attenuator in addition top the Torpedo.
So perhaps a Torpedo Studio and a Reload is the answer?

The Studio is designed exactly for 1, but can't attenuate the signal to the cab.

Reload + Studio may be your answer, yes. It will be quite costly but you'll have the best from Two Notes Audio Engineering !

You may also want to look at the following setup : Reload + CAB. The CAB brings to the Reload just what it lacks : the speaker simulation. It's a more affordable and light setup. Mixing options will be reduced because the CAB is mono, and only has analog in/out (this is not really a huge limitation, but it's worth mentioning), but in the studio, you will be able to use the WoS III plug-in for unlimited mixing.

...or maybe try to pick up a second-hand VB-101 & pair it with a Reload (that will give you exactly what you're asking for without any compromise & at a lower cost than the Studio + Reload).

Back