Feature request for Torpedo Live

Viljami

In the future would it be possible to add hi-pass and low-pass filters to the eq-section of Torpedo Live?

Well, changing a little the EQ parameters is something I have been considering for some time.

I will note that for a future version. ;)

Excellent! Many irs (at least 4x12 irs) have way too much bottom end (and high end in some cases) and it would be very convenient to shave off some of that. :)

As for me, I like that bottom end of 4x12 cabs. If I need to cut some low - 120Hz in EQ section is enough for me.
For me, Exiter is more useful thing for sound shaping - when I cut 6kHz with EQ and at the same time need to boost some frequency around 4kHz ... :)

I'm working o the EQ thing, how many bands would you like?

What about a 5-band semi parametric (ie you can choose the frequency of the band), and the high and bass filters can be either bell, shelf or cut?

I try to keep it simple because it will be a pain to tweak a full parametric EQ from the 2 lines display, unless you have a strong experience with EQs...

guillaume_pille":2p8ctlie said:

What about a 5-band semi parametric (ie you can choose the frequency of the band), and the high and bass filters can be either bell, shelf or cut?

I try to keep it simple because it will be a pain to tweak a full parametric EQ from the 2 lines display, unless you have a strong experience with EQs...

That sounds great!! I wouldn't rule out the fully parametric either since at least I do all the tweaking of the Torpedo Live with the Torpedo remote.

Brilliant Guillaume, this would be wonderful!

guillaume_pille":1mpm4v8p said:

I wouldn't rule out the fully parametric either since at least I do all the tweaking of the Torpedo Live with the Torpedo remote.

Well, the Live and C.A.B were designed mainly for Live use, with little options because a LOT of people (I mean professionals, technicians) working with VB-101 on stage were complaining about its complexity.

I invite you to do that experience: take a fully parametric EQ and get rid of the visual interface (you sometimes can hide the graphical interface of the plugins in the DAW). Try working with only faders and numbers on the Q for example, you'll see it's far from being user friendly. ;)

guillaume_pille":2h1w6yrm said:
I wouldn't rule out the fully parametric either since at least I do all the tweaking of the Torpedo Live with the Torpedo remote.

Well, the Live and C.A.B were designed mainly for Live use, with little options because a LOT of people (I mean professionals, technicians) working with VB-101 on stage were complaining about its complexity.

I invite you to do that experience: take a fully parametric EQ and get rid of the visual interface (you sometimes can hide the graphical interface of the plugins in the DAW). Try working with only faders and numbers on the Q for example, you'll see it's far from being user friendly. ;)

I agree with you that using fully parametric eq without the Torpedo Remote would be too cumbersome.

Your suggestion of lp and hp and the semi-parametric eq's will be a great improvement.

Back