Considering a Torpedo Live

jc986

I'm considering buying a Torpedo Live, but just had a question about whether it would work given the amps I use. I have a Bogner Uberschall (120w), and will be getting a Mesa Triple Rectifier (150w) in the near future. I know the Live is only rated for up to 100 watts, but it is unlikely I would run either of my amps at even 50% to full volume, so I would think the output would be within the range of what the Live could handle. Would it be safe to use the Torpedo live with an Uberschall and/or Triple Rectifier?

The Studio would obviously handle the wattage of pretty much anything I'd throw at it, but for my needs the Live is plenty feature rich and I don't know if I could justify the cost of the Studio.

Thanks in advance! :rock:

You should be fine as long as you run your amps at a reasonable volume..... a volume you might use the amp with a 4x12 in a small hall or an average club, if volume wasn't restricted. Both your amps will give optimum sonic performance at these levels, as opposed to say a Marshall Major which would need to be really, really loud to get the best tones.

sysexguy":czx303qy said:
You should be fine as long as you run your amps at a reasonable volume..... a volume you might use the amp with a 4x12 in a small hall or an average club, if volume wasn't restricted. Both your amps will give optimum sonic performance at these levels, as opposed to say a Marshall Major which would need to be really, really loud to get the best tones.

Thanks for the confirmation. That's exactly what I needed to know.

Back