[BETA TEST] Two notes Torpedo Studio Firmware V4

guillaume_pille

Dear Two notes Torpedo Studio users,

Today you have the opportunity to try an early BETA release of the new Studio firmware and associated Torpedo Remote.

------------------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE: DO NOT try this BETA if you have to go on stage in 2 hours, or if you're in the middle of recording your best album. Being based out of France provides time challenges when it comes to helping troubleshoot issues.  Please keep this in mind as we will not be able to help troubleshoot issues for those of you in other time zones if you if contact us in the middle of the night.

It's important to understand that the BETA will possibly have a few bugs, you may find some that we didn't clear already.  We hope you don't, and that we got them all already.

As a BETA tester, we are looking for you help by  reporting the bugs you encounter with as much detail as possible to help us fix it for you and the entire user community.
------------------------------

This being said, you'll be among the first ones to try some of the new awesome features provided in this new firmware!!!

To participate:

1- Create a ticket on our Help Desk so you will be referenced as a Beta Tester, take the time to fill in the form:

http://support.two-notes.com/index.php?a=add&catid=19

2- Then go to this page and READ CAREFULLY:
http://support.two-notes.com/knowledgebase.php?article=285&suggest=1

And of course: HAVE FUN!!!

The Two notes Team

Arcade_betatest.jpg

Thanks for this update, Guillame! I'm literally on stage in a couple of hours so I'll wait it out and give it a try over the later part of the weekend.

Looking forward to this!

so I'll wait it out

YES PLEASE ha ha ha ^^

Ok so now that the week end is over, did you manage to try it?

So far we already fixed a bug on the Compressor (display issue with the bargraph) but that's pretty much it.

Just tried it out for three hours! It is amazing! I've had my torpedo studio for about 1 year and I feel like it has finally reached the perfect point for me. The arcade mode makes dialing in tone easier. I was able to come up with three very unique and useful presets. The reverb sounds outstanding and was probably the missing link. I have a bricasti but I like the ease of just setting up my amp and the torpedoed studio and not having to add another step. And most of the team was just spent playing because it sounded so good. Thanks again for the great work!

Howie

Hblu2002":3oe4tbsb said:
Just tried it out for three hours! It is amazing! I've had my torpedo studio for about 1 year and I feel like it has finally reached the perfect point for me. The arcade mode makes dialing in tone easier. I was able to come up with three very unique and useful presets. The reverb sounds outstanding and was probably the missing link. I have a bricasti but I like the ease of just setting up my amp and the torpedoed studio and not having to add another step. And most of the team was just spent playing because it sounded so good. Thanks again for the great work!

Howie

Hi Howie,

Did you find that the firmware update changed the sound of your presets as the beta release notes suggest could happen, and if so, can you please elaborate on how the sound or tone changed?

I would like to install the update as well but am completely happy with my tones right now and am a little hesitant to change anything.

Hi All,

Ok, I'm about an hour and a half in with the new Beta firmware update on my Mac Book Pro and it's great!

I'm testing it with my Ernie Ball Musicman Majesty-6 guitar through my Mesa Boogie Mark V25.

Here's what I have noticed so far:

The new exciter is better and more natural sounding. My presets even without the exciter effect sound better to me as well. Love the reverbs but haven't really tweaked them yet as I have my Hall of Fame (which is in my amp effects loop) dialed in exactly to my liking. I haven't really tried the new EQ yet either as I don't really use it much in my presets but will explore it further and am confident that it is excellent as well. Very smooth update process.

More to come. Have to get back to rocking out!

The new room sim/reverb is very good at adding some room tone to the cab/mic sim, and that's in addition to other reverb or delay FX (i.e. the Bricasti etc).

Room tone is a important element when trying to simulate mic'd physical cabs in their acoustic environment.

Hblu2002":18xfbnxr said:

Howie

Back