WOS III and WOS 4 should be able to co-exist right?

jbraner

Hi,

On Windows (10 64 bit) I should be able to run WOS 4 on new projects, and still load up old projects with WOS III - shouldn't I?

I've been fine with this in SONAR Platinum, but today a few songs started to freak out, and it's definitely because of the WOS plugin. They crash SONAR when trying to load the song. A couple of songs only use WOS 4, but the crash shows the WOS III plugin (?). Then there are a couple that only use WOS III and they were crashing too.

If I load all plugins except WOS in these songs (you can selectively load plugins in SONAR) they load fine. Then if I reload WOS (either III or 4) - everything is fine.

Other songs with WOS (every song I do uses WOS) are loading fine, so I don't know what the problem is. The only other thing that's changed is that Windows updated to "Creators Update".

It may have nothing to do with the WOS plugins - but the two versions do seem to be "connected" (they share the same settings, for example) - so I wonder if they are confusing SONAR, or what the heck has happened.

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone?

Hello

We got a co-existing issue in the 4.2.0 version on some DAW.
We released the 4.2.2 version few day ago that should fix this issue.

If you still have some issues with the last version could you please create a ticket on our help desk so we can investigate deeper?

And yes WoS 4 on new project and WoS III on old ones, except if you want to use new features on your old projects (in this case it have to be migrate by saving your preset in WoS III then load it in WoS 4).

Back