interested in WoS

shadow070

Hi Guys,

Im located in Holland. If i decide to buy the WoS with ilock from youre store, how long will it take to get the package? i guess it will be shipped from France right?

I really want to try before i buy. I dont have ilock now. The pi-free is an ok startingpoint, but still doesnt give me that.
I wanted to buy the modern to check it out, but if i end up wanting WoS pack ill loose the cash on that. When buying the download(modern), will i need a ilock to use the modern?

the modern wont give me acces to new cabs for download, so im really in a pickle.

just bought the pi-101 modern
Ill have to wait till i get my ilock key i guess

I wanted to get the redwirez but i like this interface better
Hope its a good purchase and who knows.......ill get the WoS, id like to have the hardware version but i dont have the cash for it

Hi guys, we're just wrapping up from a great NAMM show. Plans are in progress to offer an upgrade path from the Vintage, Modern and Bass packs to the full version WOS at a later time. Details are to follow.

We also just announced the Torpedo CAB pedal version which will offer the amazing Torpedo sound in a more portable and affordable hardware format.

I'm sure Guillaume will be on here with answers regarding the shipping parameters as soon as he's back home.

Andy www.diffusion-audio.com

No prob. the shipping should'nt take that long i guess

Hope NAMM wasn't to tyering for you guys ;)

Cant wait to get the Modern pack. Im bussy using the pi-free at the moment with my Diezel Herbert. Im really digging it. Thought the pi-free is cpu heavy, its powerfull for something thats free ;) I dont have much time these days but ill try the pi-free with my soldano decatone, the marshall cab should match well with the decatone. The interface is really great to work with, you guys did really good.

The pi-free with the Herbert is really great, i found the micing spot fast, applied eq (boosted 800hz with 2db), adjusted the vapri a little.............and i was set.

My take:
the pi-free with a good tube amp..................... kills anything digital, from a pod to even an axe-fx
Interface is damn easy to work with
Sound quality is the best i found yet
Reamping is still easy and cheap, i already had a proRMP, tbh i dont reamp that much these days(im just making demos)

With the WoS the posibilitys should be really wide

Recording or even just noodling, its really fun to use the torpedo software, for playing at home, i really dont miss using my cab. The more time i spend using the pi-free the more im liking it.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

Hi Shasow070,

thanks for the kind words.

We just return form a great (and totally exhausting) 2012 NAMM show !

Im located in Holland. If i decide to buy the WoS with ilock from youre store, how long will it take to get the package? i guess it will be shipped from France right?

It's shipped from France and couldn't take more than 4-5 days. The Christmas shipping chaos is behind us now. ;) I didn't monitored the shipping those day but if you need informations don't hesitate to send a mail.

I really want to try before i buy. I dont have ilock now. The pi-free is an ok startingpoint, but still doesnt give me that.
I wanted to buy the modern to check it out, but if i end up wanting WoS pack ill loose the cash on that. When buying the download(modern), will i need a ilock to use the modern?

You need the ilok2 to try any version, I know it's not the perfect solution but for now that's all we can offer.

We are working on an upgrade policy (from Modern, Bass or Vintage to WoS) but it's not online, we need a little more work to be fully operational on that point.

the modern wont give me acces to new cabs for download, so im really in a pickle.

In my opinion, if you want the biggest cab collection you may find on Earth (with many more cabs to come), you need the WoS. ;)

For small projects (for example rock/metal), a modern and a bass may be enough (24 cabs).

Anyway, you bought the Modern pack, as soon as an upgrade will be available all our customers will receive a mail. ;)

I just got my key(much faster than expected), still at work. I hope ill get time this weekend to go all out on the pi-modern. Its been a while ive been this exited again ;)

I just got 2 hours to spend and damn you guys did a amazing job!
So many posebilitys ;)

I have a iMac from 2010 with a i3 chip but stil I overload the CPU unless I use only 1 cab, could be I'm doing something wrong, I'll fiddle with it tomorrow.

I'm loving the korozen and tri cabs, with the Herbert I got a really great tone. Crushing rythem and singing leads

Can't wait till tomorrow :p

I have a iMac from 2010 with a i3 chip but stil I overload the CPU unless I use only 1 cab, could be I'm doing something wrong, I'll fiddle with it tomorrow.

That is weird, with a cheap PC with i3 under Windows Seven we can have the 100 cabs simultaneously... On my 2010 MacBook Pro I can have 25-26 cabs.

What is the latency on your system ?

Ill check the latancy later today if i get the chance
Its 128 or 256 if im correct

Using a higher latancy will let you suffer from sound quality is what i understand, right?

I just checked the settings

Logic pro 9:
i/o buffer size: 128
recording delay: 0 samples

processing threads: automatic
Process buffer range: large
Rewire behavior: live mode
Max scrub speed: normal
Scrub response: normal

I forgot to ask you the frequency of your project (44, 48, 96KH) ? With your latency and the frequency I may have an idea if we search in the right correction.

Using a higher latancy will let you suffer from sound quality is what i understand, right?

The latency is the time taken by your system to process and incoming signal. The lower the latency, the more CPU power you need. But this doesn't affect the sound quality.

Well, 128 samples in 44,1 should be OK (3ms latency), it's low but not extreme.

Do you have many other plugins running ?

Do you use a USB external soundcard ? Latency over USB is usually not as good as Firewire or internal PCI express.

If you have a good soundcard, and only the PI-101, try increasing the latency buffer but right now I don't understand how you manage to overload you system with only one cab. I must miss something...

sometimes i use superior drummer in projects
im using a tc konnekt 6 desktop trough firewire

I thought i saw something else latancy related, ill check tomorrow the settings, its on 5 ms now if im right.
or maybe the tv isnt corresponding with the freq. maybe it isnt set for 44.1, ill have a look at that.

i checked the software for my tc konnekt 6 and it has the same freq. so thats not it.
The latancy im having is pretty bad.

hope to figure it out soon

have a nice weekend guys

Back