Torpedo CAB

Reiep

Hello !

So, what about this brilliant Torpedo CAB ? :D

2352-big-torpedo-cab-preview.jpg

(Sorry for the large image, that's the only one for now...)

Hi Relep,

all the infos about the C.A.B. will be posted on our website soon, for now I can simply tell you that it has the same features as the Torpedo Live rack unit, but no loadbox. We designed the C.A.B. as the best last stage you MUST have on your pedal board when you want to send directly your sound to a PA or a recorder.

Am I correct in believing the C.A.B will include Variphi, but not Overload?

Also, will the C.A.B's latency be 3ms (assuming no Overload)?

Thanks...

Hi djd100,

you just make me remember I didn't updated the "compare" section in english on the Website...

No variphi and no overload on the C.A.B., but still the microphone position. The Live and the C.A.B. were designed to setup a sound very fast, we cut into the "not so easy to tweak" parameter.

The measured latency (real delay between input and output) is below 2,8ms. Beware that most of the time the manufacturer are talking about latency referring to the buffer size for the processing, some time is lost in the circuit around the DSP.

Merci Guillaume!

What are the C.A.B's physical dimensions (probably a good idea to put the physical dimensions into the spec on the site too)?

I NEED one yesterday, ciao! :cry:

guillaume_pille":2q8zuj7q said:
Hi djd100,

you just make me remember I didn't updated the "compare" section in english on the Website...

No variphi and no overload on the C.A.B., but still the microphone position. The Live and the C.A.B. were designed to setup a sound very fast, we cut into the "not so easy to tweak" parameter.

The measured latency (real delay between input and output) is below 2,8ms. Beware that most of the time the manufacturer are talking about latency referring to the buffer size for the processing, some time is lost in the circuit around the DSP.

In the interim, you can refer to the Torpedo Live manual, just remember, there is no speaker level input/loadbox, line/instrument level only, and there is no digital output. Guillaume and I will assist with any specific questions you may have

Andy

sysexguy":32bdovwl said:
In the interim, you can refer to the Torpedo Live manual, just remember, there is no speaker level input/loadbox, line/instrument level only, and there is no digital output. Guillaume and I will assist with any specific questions you may have

Andy

Thank you, Andy!

My question is around the options for the power amp sims, what controls, and will it be possible to add new power amp models to the CAB for future upgrades or if it is possible to set the provided power amp sims to simulate power amps I'd like to use...

For example, I have an Engl E530 preamp, and would like to be able to simulate the settings of the Engl E850/100; I have a Mesa Triaxis, and would like to be able to simulate various settings on a Mesa Simul 2: Ninety, etc. Then, use your speaker cabs or user IRs choose various cabs (Engl and Mesa for a start) and mics.

Hi rsm,

right now there is no plan to give power amps "really" based on specific models like ENGL, Mesa, VHT...

The power amp you "build" in the Two Notes products has some parameters which will let you get close to your stuff. But, even more interesting, it will let you discover new tones.

guillaume_pille":i4m9g3dx said:
Hi rsm,

right now there is no plan to give power amps "really" based on specific models like ENGL, Mesa, VHT...

The power amp you "build" in the Two Notes products has some parameters which will let you get close to your stuff. But, even more interesting, it will let you discover new tones.

Merci! Que devrait travailler...

:thumbsup:

Submitted my order for a C.A.B. today to Diffusion Audio. Spoke to Andy at DA today, great service; I highly recommend!

Now, I play the waiting game until the C.A.B. is shipping. :aww:

Needless to say, I'm stoked!

:yes:

:D

Any updates on the availability/shipping date for North America?

:confused:

Ordered and paid for mine...I know I have to wait, but I'm not very patient. :D

;)

rsm":2v4r2k6a said:
Any updates on the availability/shipping date for North America?

:confused:

Ordered and paid for mine...I know I have to wait, but I'm not very patient. :D

;)

LOL I'm waiting on a LIVE now, so I hear ya. Give us a review when it comes. Are doing pedals and preamps with it?

From what I know the Live are in the US now so Shark Diver you will receive yours soon, the CAB should ship end of june/beginning of july.

Shark Diver: I will be using my G-System/TriAxis rig with the CAB. Still not sure if I need any pedals with this, my pedals are all dirt...I may add the Nova Drive and EH BigMuffPi once I have the main rig configured with the CAB.

Guillaume: Juillet? C'est dommage... pas drôle d'attente... cependant, je sais que la patience sera récompensée :yes:

Back