Torpede Live - Power Amp simulation in Presets need Help

Kinghelmi

Hello to all,

yesterday I received my new Torpedo Live.
I hate computers (in music) and all the digital stuff. Normally all I need is a good all Tube Amp, Cab, Guitar and some anlaloge Pedals.
But sometimes it´s very hard to get a good miked up sound (because of the time or "bad" engeneers" so I thought ok, give the torpedo live a trie....

I plugged in for a live set up (Amp out - Torpedo - into Orange CAB an Mixer) ....all Mixer controlls neutral.

The first start was very loud (as hell) with a lot of noise but than I checked the Preset settings of the Torpedo and I found out that all the Presets are automatically in the Mode "Tub Amp Simulation: ON) ...so I had the Signal from my Power Amp AND the Power Amp Signal from Torpedo Live....so if someone uses the set up like I do (8 Ohm Amp out ) you have to switch off the Tube AMP Sim from the Torpedo Live.

My Question:
Is there an easy way to switch off the Power Amp Sim for ALL the Presets in one step?
It is very hard if you first have to edit each preset for it´s own.

The sound over all is very good. (much better than any other CAB/Mic sims I have tried before...and I tried many...)

Greetings Helmut

Hi Helmut,

there is no general bypass for the power amp section. But as you are not the first to ask for it we will consider it for a future upgrade.

We just have to figure out an easy way to do so, maybe in the setup mode.

Building preset on a digital loadbox is VERY hard, as the overall sound depends a lot on the source... So I often recommend to start from scratch and build your own as soon as possible. ;)

Hi Helmut,

yes, this was annoying. The Remote Software / Firmware update solves this, presenting the LINE and AMP preset setttings. AMP meaning the power amp being OFF.

:)

Back