Got the LIVE today

Shark Diver

Didn't have much time to play with it. I tried it with a Himmelstrutz Tonker pedal. Guitar/pedal/live/wedge. Really quickly I got some amazing tones. Hopefully this week end I'll get to try it with some amps/preamps and micpre's. But already I know it is amazing. :rock: :rock:

Yeah- If the LIVE sounds really good with a Tube Preamp- can we assume that the Torpedo C.A.B would sound the same ?

Meaning not using the Power Amp input - are these going to sound the same?

Yeah- If the LIVE sounds really good with a Tube Preamp- can we assume that the Torpedo C.A.B would sound the same ?

The C.A.B. and the Live share the same motherboard, so the sound will be EXACTLY the same using the line input on both products. ;)

Hey Shark- I'm wondering if the Line Input using a good Guitar Tube preamp sounds almost as good as using a Head into the Power Amp in on the Live.

In other words ,Can we get a great sound without Power Tubes in the signal chain ?

I think you can. My caveat is with any direct system I have used I have always used a Manley tube pre. I think it does wonders. I haven't had the time yet to A/B it with without the Manley. But I have used the LIVE with just a pedal (first day) and the power amp sim worked great. It (A/B) maybe what I do tomorrow because I need to decide on my direct rig so I can put it together.

Back