Torpedo Software Updates

romain_gril

Some software news today!!
Version 2.1.0 of the Torpedo Remote software now supports the Torpedo C.A.B. that is due for release in July 2012, and includes the 3-size display feature already present in the PI-101 plug-in.
The PI-101 has been updated to version 2.0.18, which fixes some (very) rare crashing issues and enhances the display features, notably as regards Impulse Responses.
New version 2.0.18 of the PI-FREE plug-in is also available for download. This update fixes a few minor bugs, and notably enhances the plug-in’s graphical interface by making it definitely similar to that of the PI-101, including the 3-size feature.

I also tried the vintage version:

Torpedo_PI-101_Vintage_2.0.18_PC_Setup.exe

Same results !

Anybody else with this problem?.

:doh:

AndrewSimon":13h6lehc said:
I also tried the vintage version:
Torpedo_PI-101_Vintage_2.0.18_PC_Setup.exe
Same results !
Anybody else with this problem?.
:doh:

Ah, we are sorry about this, dear all. There was a slight glitch with the updates. We've uploaded new, fixed versions and it should all be in order now.

Our apologies for this mishap. Update 2.0.18 is now available for download again, for every version of the PI-101.

Not the improvements I was hopping for.
The USER CAB navigation is pretty bad.
I need to be able to go into sub folders when selecting USER CABs.
I have 1000 IR's organized in several folder and sub-folders.
They are organized by sample rate, CAB type, CAB model, MIC type and the various positions of the mic.
I need to be able to go deep, 3-4 sub-folders to make it usable.
If I put all 1000 IR's in the same folder it will be a mess.
I wont be able to find anything.

PLEASE ????
:LOL: :LOL:

And while we are at it.... can we have a PHASE SWITCH on each CAB?

;)

Hi Andrew,

thank you for this review, I will think about the navigation. Actually, you don't need to have several sample rates as the PI-101 will only use the 96KHz one (or convert it).

About the phase switch, well, it's not that easy to add new parameters on the interface. Yu can't achieve what you want with the varyphi ? I know it's not a real phase adjustment but you will have a similar effect.

guillaume_pille":60c8y40r said:
Hi Andrew,

thank you for this review, I will think about the navigation. Actually, you don't need to have several sample rates as the PI-101 will only use the 96KHz one (or convert it).

Ahh good to know.
I was pointing the PI-101 to the 48Khz rate (that's what I am working in)
So if I point it to the 96KHz instead I will get better results.... right?

About the Phase Switch, it's not really important, just an idea.

:thumbsup:

The TORPEDO Remote software has been updated to version 2.1.1, and the PI-101 to version 2.0.22. You will get the updates automatically is you are connected to the Internet when you launch the programs. If not, you can download them from our Download page.

romain_gril":2u8n5n75 said:
The TORPEDO Remote software has been updated to version 2.1.1, and the PI-101 to version 2.0.22. You will get the updates automatically is you are connected to the Internet when you launch the programs. If not, you can download them from our Download page.

I get the message inside the Torpedo window
but when I click on the "Upgrade Now"...... nothing happens (the message disappears)

Not important but I wanted to report it.

:confused:

AndrewSimon":2zh43gxa said:
romain_gril":2zh43gxa said:

I get the message inside the Torpedo window
but when I click on the "Upgrade Now"...... nothing happens (the message disappears)

Not important but I wanted to report it.

:confused:

same thing happened to me, i just downloaded the new version from the website and installed it manually (you should save your presets on your hard drive before, just in case), works just fine now !

Hi guys,
I'm Raphael, I'm in charge of the plugin development.
You 're talking about the Torpedo PI-101 WoS plugin, right?
I've checked the automatic update on PC and I haven't seen any problem with it.
May be your download didn't properly end up. Another likely possibility would be that your antivirus blocked the update launch.
Check your blocked files in your antivirus settings. The update executable might be inside.
By the way, the update doesn't modify your presets.

RaphOrosys":xeg5ld95 said:
Hi guys,
May be your download didn't properly end up. Another likely possibility would be that your antivirus blocked the update launch.
Check your blocked files in your antivirus settings. The update executable might be inside.

for me that was the remote displaying the new VB-101 firmware

RaphOrosys":ysmicb5b said:
Hi guys,

I do not use Antivirus or Firewall on my PC. (only the router acts like a hardware firewall)
The progress bar appears, goes to 100% and then it disappears.
All this in less then a second.
I'll record a screen capture video on the next update so you can see it.

:)

Interesting...
I'm going to do more tests.
I'd like more details. Could you tell me:
- What is your current plugin version?
- What DAW are you using?
- Which version of Windows are you using?
Thanks
Raphael

RaphOrosys":yo9qmwb8 said:
Interesting...
I'm going to do more tests.
I'd like more details. Could you tell me:
Thanks
Raphael

Tracktion3 .... I have others I can try if you think that is the problem

Windows XP SP3

;)

Back