Diezel Herbert on VB-101

clark81

Hello there,
I am a new owner of the VB 101 and I would alike to know if I could connect it safely to a Diezel Herbert 180w

I know that the VB can take up to 150w, but I am not intended to turn on the volume of the amp past 12 o clock.

Do you think that this would be ok both for the amp and the torpedo??

Thanks in advance

:rock:

You should be fine, one of the key things is that the amp must be used in a similar manner to the way one would use it with a real speaker. While diming a vintage Marshall is great, the same cannot be said for today's hot rodded high gain amps. In the case of the Herbert, the amp's sweet spot is probably with the master and channel masters at 40-50% and the deep and presence dialed in but nowhere near full up....that's probably a good place to start.

The VB-101 has a temperature monitor in the set up menu so you can track how the Torpedo is doing and the fan will automatically ramp up as required. Keep an eye on these parameters and see how the system reacts, if things get too hot quickly, you may want to back off the volume a bit.

Andy

guillaume_pille":2d34mq88 said:
PLUS : run the Herbert at full volume, you will have to change a LOT of tubes quite soon... ;)

:cry:

indeed, its like a paying a rent for using it...

thanx for the quick replies

;)

I have a herbert with a torpedo i run my master volume around 10 o'clock and channels around 12 i have had this setup for about two years now no problems

Back