Torpedo Live Question

alquimistas1212

Torpedo Live question
- I need help. I read a lot of topics and i do will not understan. i need to know if is possible make this with the Torpedo Live.

- I need recording the Rectifier sound through the Torpedo Live. I need that the recorded signal is only the sound of my Rectifier Roadster, using the Torpedo Live only with Loadbox. Is Possible??????

I have explained that the S/pdif out in the Torpedo Live have 2 signals. If i record a Stereo Signal into my Reaper Daw with a Track armed Spdif L / Spdif R, when i panning this signal 100% right, this signal is the sound Dry, with only the sound of the Rectifier without the Torpedo Live (this only is a load box). When i panning this signal 100% left, this signal is the sound Wet, with the sound of Rectifier+Torpedo Live.

Is my reasoning true???

Someone can upload a example of sounds. I need is security of this point before buy the Torpedo Live. In the moment that this question is resolved i buy this product.

Greetings.

Hola alquimistas1212,

Is my reasoning true???

Absolutely.

Actually you can record two mono signal with no panning consideration in you sequencer, having the S/PDIF L on one track and the S/PDIF R on the other. That is what I would do.

This way you can put, for example, a PI-101 WoS on the dry track and add a lot of CAB/MICS options.

Someone can upload a example of sounds. I need is security of this point before buy the Torpedo Live.

I am sorry we do not have a rectifier here to do this sample, maybe someone else here has one.

Thank you very much for the information. record the dry signal from my Rectifier is important to create IR's . This IR's created by me, i load in the Torpedo Live. It's great, to have in the SPDIF L out, the Rectifier + the Torpedo Live and in the SPDIF R Output, the Rectifier sound only without the Torpedo. This signal without the Torpedo i can send to my real cab 4x12 and this mode i have the Torpedo and my real cab at time for live.

This mode i can have all posibilities of combinations.

I searched information about it but did not find anything. What resolution IR points to load the torpedo?
So far I used to load my IR's, the Vst Lecab. I hope the sound of Those IR's to load the Torpedo Into Them does not sound very Different respect to Lecab Vst or other system. I need that the Torpedo Live has respect the sound of the IR's that I make.

I think it's a great device and I'll buy it.

A greeting.

record the dry signal from my Rectifier is important to create IR's . This IR's created by me, i load in the Torpedo Live

I am not sure I understand what you mean: you can't create an IR of your amplifier. You can create an IR of your cabinet and microphone combination with the TORPEDO Capture and embed it into the TORPEDO Live.

This signal without the Torpedo i can send to my real cab 4x12 and this mode i have the Torpedo and my real cab at time for live.

You can do this by using the THRU output on the TORPEDO Live, which is a direct bypass of the input. No need for S/PDIF fr that.

What resolution IR points to load the torpedo?

Everything is in the manual you can find here:

http://www.two-notes.com/downloads/EN_MANUAL_torpedo_Live.pdf

Resolution is around 47Hz. Please note that the frequency resolution is calculated by sampling frequency / nb of points in the FFT. Actually even if this is an important data, it is VERY difficult to hear the difference between, for example, 47Hz and 23Hz resolutions (ie we obtain 23 by doubling the number of FFT points). We did extensive tests to find the correct value to lower the latency without degrading the quality.

With very long IRs (well, the resolution does not relate directly to the IR length, so I assume the IR length is equal to the FFT length) the contribution of early reflexions then reverb will appear in the sound, and we assume it is an unwanted effect. It is simpler to work with a dry (ie without reverb) sound and add it as you like with a reverb processor.

I hope the sound of Those IR's to load the Torpedo Into Them does not sound very Different respect to Lecab Vst or other system. I need that the Torpedo Live has respect the sound of the IR's that I make.

You will have something similar, except that the TORPEDO Live is fully optimized for the purpose (talking about the hardware configuration).

But I can guaranty that once you will taste the TORPEDO IR technology (Impulse Response synthesis mostly), moving the microphone in the room, you won't switch between tons of IRs anymore... ;)

Hi,

i've read your question about WET/DRY recording with Two Notes Products.
Despite the fact, that Guillaume doesn't have a Rectifier, i've recorded some chords with my Recti and Torpedo VB-101.
Should sound nearly the same as with Torpedo Live, but to demonstrate dry/wet it should be good.

So first here is the link to wet recording:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2689606/Recto_VB_on.mp3

And second the link to dry recording:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2689606/Recto_VB_off.mp3

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Matthias

guillaume_pille":1auawpt9 said:
record the dry signal from my Rectifier is important to create IR's . This IR's created by me, i load in the Torpedo Live

I am not sure I understand what you mean: you can't create an IR of your amplifier. You can create an IR of your cabinet and microphone combination with the TORPEDO Capture and embed it into the TORPEDO Live.

This signal without the Torpedo i can send to my real cab 4x12 and this mode i have the Torpedo and my real cab at time for live.

You can do this by using the THRU output on the TORPEDO Live, which is a direct bypass of the input. No need for S/PDIF fr that.

What resolution IR points to load the torpedo?

Everything is in the manual you can find here:

http://www.two-notes.com/downloads/EN_MANUAL_torpedo_Live.pdf

Resolution is around 47Hz. Please note that the frequency resolution is calculated by sampling frequency / nb of points in the FFT. Actually even if this is an important data, it is VERY difficult to hear the difference between, for example, 47Hz and 23Hz resolutions (ie we obtain 23 by doubling the number of FFT points). We did extensive tests to find the correct value to lower the latency without degrading the quality.

With very long IRs (well, the resolution does not relate directly to the IR length, so I assume the IR length is equal to the FFT length) the contribution of early reflexions then reverb will appear in the sound, and we assume it is an unwanted effect. It is simpler to work with a dry (ie without reverb) sound and add it as you like with a reverb processor.

I hope the sound of Those IR's to load the Torpedo Into Them does not sound very Different respect to Lecab Vst or other system. I need that the Torpedo Live has respect the sound of the IR's that I make.

You will have something similar, except that the TORPEDO Live is fully optimized for the purpose (talking about the hardware configuration).

But I can guaranty that once you will taste the TORPEDO IR technology (Impulse Response synthesis mostly), moving the microphone in the room, you won't switch between tons of IRs anymore... ;)

Many thanks for the help. I'll buy the Torpedo Live for use with my Roadster, with my POD and my 6505 ....... etc. I will share the results, Because from now on I will be regularly in this forum. a greeting

Damageplan":2wyjvb0t said:
Hi,

i've read your question about WET/DRY recording with Two Notes Products.
Despite the fact, that Guillaume doesn't have a Rectifier, i've recorded some chords with my Recti and Torpedo VB-101.
Should sound nearly the same as with Torpedo Live, but to demonstrate dry/wet it should be good.

So first here is the link to wet recording:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2689606/Recto_VB_on.mp3

And second the link to dry recording:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2689606/Recto_VB_off.mp3

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Matthias

I greatly appreciate your help. These sounds give me a good reference of what I can get with the Torpedo Live. I guess this function is equal to the Torpedo Vb-101 in the Torpedo Live. It is a pleasure to have the help of people like all you .

A greeting.

You are welcome.
I'm always glad if I can give some help back on great forums like this one.

Yes, I think it's the same functionality as in the Live.
Maybe Guillaume can confirm this?!

Cheers

Yes, I think it's the same functionality as in the Live.
Maybe Guillaume can confirm this?!

The dry/wet and the THRU functions are identical on the Live and VB-101. ;)

BUT the some options are not on the live, liket Overload and Variphi, and now the VB-101 with firmware V2 can handle 2 mic+cab combinations.

You'll find a comparison chart on our website if needed. ;)

Back