Torpedo CAB Sound Sample

CharlieFoxtrot

I got a Two Notes Torpedo C.A.B. delivered on Monday. I spent all of 5 minutes getting a sound that I was quite impressed with. The recording was a one take warts and all play what ever came into my head type of thing so please ignore the sloppy playing and mistakes (if you can).

https://soundcloud.com/dmills-122/two-no ... o-cab-test

What impressed me the most is that I didn't make any changes to my signal chain other than inserting a load box and the Two Notes Torpedo CAB. I can get a good miked up sound with the Torpedo CAB way faster than moving a mic around inside my isolation box. The best part of all is that not only does it sound like you are running through a real cab, it feels like it too. After using modeling gear for a number of years I expected a little bit of a disconnect in the feel using the Torpedo CAB vs just miking the cab but it isn't there. This is going to be a great recording and headphone playing solution for me.

Signal Chain involved:

PRS SC 245 (DSG 1955-TST pups) - EP Booster - Lovepedal Kalamazoo - Fargen Mini Plex MK II (70 's mode Plexi) - Hardwire Reverb in FX loop - Weber Mini Mass (set to loadbox) balanced out - Two Notes Torpedo Cab (4x12 Greenback cab, Dynamic Sennheiser 421 mic) - balanced out - Presonus Audiobox USB into Studio One

Back