CAB Power supply question

grorig

Hello everybody.

I have the CAB one month now (HEY GUYS, LIKE "Live" A FANTASTIC PIECE OF GEAR !!!!!) and use it with the power supply that comes with the unit.I measured the output of the power supply and is 18V instead of 12V! My question:
Is it safe to run the CAB into 18V or it will be damaged?
I have contacted support but I didn't get any reply.

Thank you

Hi Grigorios,

actually we answered your mail on August 9th. ;)

Check into your SPAM folder, it happens our mails go there.

Here is your former questions and the answer:

1/ about the power supply that comes with the device. In my multimeter the output is 17.9 V but the CAB is 12V. Is this normal or there’s any problem with mine? Can the CAB handle this voltage?

Yes, it can. This is normal, as there is no load plugged into your power supply. The power adaptor we provide with the CAB is designed to operate in such conditions.

2/ After that I use another power supply that’s regulated to 12V,but is 5000mA. Does the CAB get as much current needs or it will be damaged?

No, it won't be damaged, but you need to check the technology used in your power supply, as certain types need a minimum load current to operate. The CAB requires a minimum of 300mA, and it will only take what it needs. Please do check the polarity of your power jack-connector: "-" sign inside, and "+" sign outside.

3/ Because of its size, I want sometimes to use the ”one spot” from Visual sound that’s 9V, I tried it with the CAB and works fine, without any alteration in sound. The current draw is 1700mA, well may I use it with the CAB or I’ll have any trouble?

No, you should not use the One Spot supply, as this is 9V and out of the input range for tension regulators. You run the risk of experiencing some issues with the sound, and ultimately the CAB may warm up in excess.

Ok, thank you very much.
(I didn't receive any email,even to my spam!! and it was strange to me, knowing your usual fast response.)

Back