Torpedo Reload?

You're on the right path, everybody had to start someday, and to me your second attempt is not bad at all.

PLAY each track TWICE, that the secret. Or just keep one per side, sometimes it's easier and better sounding.

A lot of phase cancellation happen when you move two identical tracks one form the other, or simply when you change the sound on one.

Experiment, that's what you need. ;)

For sure I'll need to experiment a lot to find the best for me... But I feel encouraged... I'll post a sample later...

I was waiting on the Studio but wondering now if the Reload may be better for what I want. I'd like to get a real amp on a load box so I can listen to it through headphones, I'd also like to hook it up to my Axe FX for effects. Can I use a female XLR to 1/4 cable to get the signal from the Reload to the Axe FX and then use that headphone jack?

Also can the Axe FX act as the interface to get to the WOS software, or do I need a separate audio interface? I currently do not have either an audio interface or a DAW. I pretty much just use the Axe FX and headphones but would like to be able to bring in real amp tone once in a while.

Hi baj66,

just to be sure; the Reload does not embed any speaker simulation. The speakersim is done with the WoS III plugin.

If you plug the Axe FX between the Reload and the WoS (using the Axe as a soundcard), well, It will be like feeding your axe FX with a kind of FX send on the amp, except that FX send is post-power amplification.

Do you think that could work for you?

Also, the Reload does not have a headphones output, so you always need to have the computer ON to get the speakersim (again, with the plugin). ;)

guillaume_pille":1l603gn2 said:
Hi baj66,

just to be sure; the Reload does not embed any speaker simulation. The speakersim is done with the WoS III plugin.

If you plug the Axe FX between the Reload and the WoS (using the Axe as a soundcard), well, It will be like feeding your axe FX with a kind of FX send on the amp, except that FX send is post-power amplification.

Do you think that could work for you?

Also, the Reload does not have a headphones output, so you always need to have the computer ON to get the speakersim (again, with the plugin). ;)

Okay I understand that both the speaker sims (WoS III) and a headphone jack are not onboard the Reload unit. Maybe this is heresy on this forum :gethim: , but I was going to use the speaker sims in the Axe FX unit along with that headphone jack ;) . So I was wondering if I could use the XLR out of the Reload to the 1/4" in on the Axe FX (no power amp block)? Seems like that should work, right? Of course if the speaker sims in WoS III are much better than the Axe FX, I'd be out of luck to access those (I think). Plus in this way I'd only be able to use downstream effects (nothing before the amp unless I use real pedals).

Otherwise if I use a Torpedo Studio along with a real amp, I could keep everything contained within that unit, but I probably wouldn't be able to use the effects in the Axe FX??? Or is there a send/return loop on the Torpedo Studio that I could use to get the Axe FX effects?

What's the best option for 1). using a real amp with 2). Axe FX effects and 3). playing into headphones while the amp is on a load box?

Thanks!

Why not just put the Axe-FX in the effects loop of your amp & then plug the amp into the Torpedo Studio the normal way?

Also, the Speaker sims in the Axe-FX are nowhere near the quality of what's in the a Torpedo units ...just saying.

Raven":206ubq9o said:
Why not just put the Axe-FX in the effects loop of your amp & then plug the amp into the Torpedo Studio the normal way?

Also, the Speaker sims in the Axe-FX are nowhere near the quality of what's in the a Torpedo units ...just saying.

Good point, I guess I was also eyeing the attenuator that's in the Reload for use when headphones aren't needed. Buying both the Studio and the Reload for different situations would be kind of a pain.

Unless of course Two Notes stuffs that attenuator into the Studio before they release it :thumbsup:

If the speaker sims are better in the Torpedo units, is there a way to go out from the Axe FX and into the Studio just to pick up the speaker sim?

Unless of course Two Notes stuffs that attenuator into the Studio before they release it :thumbsup:

Not enough room in the box. ;)

So I was wondering if I could use the XLR out of the Reload to the 1/4" in on the Axe FX (no power amp block)? Seems like that should work, right?

Absolutely.

Of course if the speaker sims in WoS III are much better than the Axe FX, I'd be out of luck to access those (I think). Plus in this way I'd only be able to use downstream effects (nothing before the amp unless I use real pedals).

You switch off the speakersim in the axe FX and use the ne in the plugin. Of course, you can't bring that system onstage unless you are OK to travel with a laptop and a soundcard for example.

Otherwise if I use a Torpedo Studio along with a real amp, I could keep everything contained within that unit, but I probably wouldn't be able to use the effects in the Axe FX??? Or is there a send/return loop on the Torpedo Studio that I could use to get the Axe FX effects?

Well you can either put the whole system in the Axe FX loop:

Guitar -> axe FX in -> FX Send -> amp in -> amp speaker out -> Torpedo Studio/Live/Reload -> Axe FX return -> USB connection to computer & Axe FX headphones

Or simply put the Axe FX at the end of the chain:

Guitar -> amp in -> amp speaker out ->Torpedo Studio/Live/Reload ->Axe FX Line In -> USB connection to computer & Axe FX headphones

On both solutions, you decide to use the Axe speaker sim or the Studio's. With Reload, you'll need the speakersim on the Axe.

baj66":74dx9set said:
Raven":74dx9set said:
If the speaker sims are better in the Torpedo units, is there a way to go out from the Axe FX and into the Studio just to pick up the speaker sim?

If you want to use the Axe-FX for amp simulation then just switch off the cab sims in it & then plug it into the line in on the Torpedo Studio. If you want to use it just for effects with a real amp then pop it in the amps effects loop with all amp & speaker sims switched off & then plug the amp into the amp input on the Torpedo Studio. This all works with the VB-101 as well of course...

Back