C.A.B. vs Live sound quality plus 96kHz vs 48kHz quality

kwk13

I'm very interested in purchasing a Two Notes product but I am questioning which one. I own an Aracom attenuator which is supposed to be very highly regarded. My question is, do you think my attenuator's line out into the C.A.B. would sound as good as the stand-alone, Live unit?

Obviously the price of the C.A.B. is very desirable, especially since I already have the attenuator but not at the expense of the tone.

I read on in another thread where Gilluame said:
"Well, the Live was design to sound close to the VB-101, but components quality, even if it's very good in the Live, is a little under the quality in VB-101. So, obviously, some thing will be missing in the Live."

So Gilluame said the VB-101 would sound better than the Live due to the cost constraints of the Live. Is that a similar situation as the Live vs. C.A.B.? Do the cost constraints of the C.A.B. prevent it from sounding quite as good or is it just the features that save the money?

One other question, how much better do the 24bit/96khz IRs sound in the VB-101 than the 24bit/48khz IRs sound in the Live? Are the differences obvious in the studio?

Sorry for all the newbie questions but I have no way to demo the units prior to purchase.
Thanks for any help/info!

Hi there,

There will be no difference soundwise between the Torpedo Live and C.A.B., as both devices follow the same design principles and embed the same motherboards. The difference between those two units is basically that the Live does carry a loadbox, not the C.A.B.

As for the differences between 96 and 48 kHz, they will definitely not be obvious. What will make the differences between VB-101 on the one hand and Live/C.A.B. on the other rather has to do with the analog components used inside, and the functionalities offered (e.g., studio FX, Overload, Variphi on the VB-101).

I hope this answers your questions. :)

Thank you so much romain_gril!!

Answers all of my questions but makes me think of one more.....

Do you think the loadbox in the Live would sound better than my Aracom loadbox with the C.A.B.?

Thanks Again!

Do you think the loadbox in the Live would sound better than my Aracom loadbox with the C.A.B.?

We never tried the ARACOM, do you know what kind of loadbox is this? Reactive, resistive?

The Live loadbox is designed to work perfectly with the Torpedo processing. I don't say it will be bad with the ARACOM, because I never tried it, but I can assure everything is under control with the Live. ;)

I used to own the VB 101 and its built in loadbox was superior to my RIVERA Rockcrusher paired with this kind of gear. The built in load is designed to work perfectly with the impulses to offer the correct feel to the guitar

Actually, we are able to control how the overall system behave, that is the advantage of products like the VB-101 or Live.

Back