CAB new user

Tomcat

Just picked up a Torpedo CAB for primarily bass guitar performance use.
Found it to work best in the loop of my preamp, just have to be careful not to overload the input.
Ultimately will be controlling it via midi with a Roland FC-200 foot controller.
I'll dig into that later, for now I was just wondering if any of you have gems of advice or tips and tricks to shorten my learning curve.
Thanks

Hi Tomcat,

with bass you have to try the bass in direct with the C.A.B. May work ;)

Set the input level (the switch at the back of the C.A.B. so it won't saturate with your preamp, and of course adjust the preamp level accordingly.

I would start with the power amp simulation off to select first the cabinet and the microphone. You have various bass cabinet (12 if I remember correctly). Not all of them are in the factory setting, you can download them with the Torpedo remote.

With the good cab and mike combination, select a power amp. For bass the 6L6 configuration works well, set all parameters to max at first except the volume. Max volume means some distorsion of the powder amp so use it wisely.

The EQ is at the end to fine tune what is too much or missing, or adjusting your tone when going on stage.

Back